ROW causing a bug?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ROW causing a bug?

I have been attacking Verdun in France for about a day (see attached.) I am Canada in Game# 2991909. It is not letting me capture the province and I think it is a bug.
      There are two possibilities:
      1. There are still troops in the province, but there are hidden, because of Level 5 Fortifications. This does not make sense though since my troops are not taking any damage

2. It is a bug with ROW. UK troops are in the province which I have ROW with. Since the game doesn't want me to declare war, it does not let me attack the province. This does not make sense though, since the fortifications have taken a lot of damage.

So, I think it is a bug and I want this to be resolved because there is a supply drop there. :D

:tumbleweed:
      Images
      • Not working.png

967.5 kB, 2,556×1,516, viewed 4 times
    • Fortune12345 wrote:

but there are hidden, because of Level 5 Fortifications.
      Level 3.5 and higher fortifications will hide their contents from ground level troops, even in combat.

Fortune12345 wrote:

UK troops are in the province
      It seems logical that since the UK troops have not captured the province, that they have Right of Way with the current owner, France.

As these troops are allied with the owner, they are defending the province. These troops must be removed or destroyed in order for the province to be captured.

If you are not at war with UK, you are all simply having a staring contest to see who blinks.

This is not a bug, and is the intended function of the game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Wait, so do I have to attack the UK and go to war to finish off the province? Also, there are no troops "defending" other than the UK troops because my troops are not taking damage. Finally, the UK is an AI, so I can't just ask them nicely to leave. If it is an intended feature, then I guess I will just have to declare war on the UK right? By the way, I have ROW with the UK if it wasn't clear
    • Fortune12345 wrote:

do I have to attack the UK
      The UK must be removed from the province. Either by force, or wait for them to leave on their own.

Fortune12345 wrote:

no troops "defending"
      The UK troops are defending their allies (France) province.

Fortune12345 wrote:

I have ROW with the UK if it wasn't clear
      Yes you mentioned that. I expect that if you did NOT have row with UK, they would have attacked you in defense of the province.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<