The ability to create roads

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The ability to create roads

Yes or no 12
        No (8) 67%
        Yes (4) 33%
      because I real war sometimes the combat engineers need to build roads to get to certain places quicker, I think this should be done because there are some ridiculous placements of roads in clash of nations. Some parameters may include

BAD
      • roads are expensive to build
      • Enemy players have the ability to destroy the roads that you have built
      • Troops are 10%,5%, or 2% slower to travel on the road that you built
      • Certain troops like maybe railroad guns can’t travel on it
      GOOD
      • Roads can be upgraded to get rid of any speed disadvantages or repaired for health
      • This would make a good building to use a sabotage spy on
    • @Imasoup64 A basic lesson.

Imasoup64 wrote:

GOOD
      • Roads can be upgraded to get rid of any speed disadvantages or repaired for health
      • This would make a good building to use a sabotage spy on

Well roads are different from buildings! Fortunately, infrastructures include roads AND buildings!!! :)

Imasoup64 wrote:

BAD
      • roads are expensive to build
      • Enemy players have the ability to destroy the roads that you have built
      • Troops are 10%,5%, or 2% slower to travel on the road that you built
      • Certain troops like maybe railroad guns can’t travel on it

InfrastructureGoods MetalOil Money
      Cost2000200015006000
      Upkeep000Guess what, 0

Probably not so expensive compared to many other things.

Speed addition:

Infrastructure Level Land Unit speedMorale Development
      Level 1+10%+10%
      Level 2+30%+15%
      Level 3 Max+50%+15%

No repairing health here. :( How are troops slower??? That will be absurd as you have to build rail road to use rail road guns?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

That probably isn't very necessary and I never said you were stupid
      then maybe try to tone back your passive agressiveness? :D

Imasoup64 wrote:

not infrastructure, new paths that the troops can follow. Ones that you can build, “new roads”
      Also I’m not stupid
      interesting idea on paper but
      1) somehow i dont think its that easy to implement :D
      2) artillery would profit from this massivly and i dont think it needs to be any stronger

A different idea: how about instead of creating new paths; you can delete existing ones?
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Infrastructure is a very expensive way to build roads, because it is balanced to the issue of resource production and (high) price is accordingly. It would be good to seperate those functions (production and travel) so roads can become economically feasible over longer distances. Iirc CoW 1.5 is moving a bit in this direction, though not fully.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • During WW2 the only example I have found of an army actually creating a road through the jungle was the Ledo road from India to China. Other than that battles were primarily fought along existing roads.

Until the widespread use of GPS it wasn't possible to navigate reliably without following roads.

So the idea of creating a secret road so that you can bypass your enemies defenses simply wasn't a tactic used during WW2, so I don't see why it should be added to this game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • What about the road to Ladoga lake to resupply Leningrad?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

What about the road to Ladoga lake to resupply Leningrad?
      That didn't come up in my search. The internet may be biased towards American achievements ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• More info:
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_of_Life

The part of the road which ran across the actual lake itself was reconstructed again every winter of the three-year siege; the land-based part (made of tree trunks) only once.

Edit - this is not an argument to support inclusion in the game btw.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

ran across the actual lake itself
      Oh an ice road, interesting. Always more to learn.

I agree that two examples still don't make it a common enough practice to include in the game.

VorlonFCW