Nuclear waste

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nuclear waste

Yes or no 13
        Yes (8) 62%
        No (5) 38%
      the nuclear branch is powerful but it doesn’t have long term affects like the real deal, I think that the nukes should get rid of any production that the area has for good no matter the morale. Like nuclear waste

a real nuke doesn’t magically miss the grain farm it was just directly dropped on.

make a comment on what you think
    • I believe that makes sense. Units that go in the area affected should also be damaged as the nuclear bomb will have contamination. After being nuked, the province looks like this:
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 6.58.18 PM.png

961.73 kB, 1,118×752, viewed 3 times
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Yes, that makes sense. I tried having units move into the contaminated area right after the detonation and there was no damage. The nuclear radiation particles damage to units should slowly fade away
      BeaveRyan

• There are many many types and sizes of atomic weapons that have been developed.

The majority of the damage is done by the shock wave which is both a physical and thermal force in my simplified explanation.

The radiation does make the localized area uninhabitable for 6 to 18 months, which corresponds to the 3 game days of severely depressed province morale and subsequent minimal economic output. Also an atomic blast would not permanently destroy hundreds of thousands of square kilometers. The effects are generally exaggerated.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Getting rid of the production of the province completely is too much, moral should be dropped to be an absolute zero to simulate no production, and should stay that way until that "nuclear radiation" is gone. Then it can go up in moral. Getting rid of a provinces resources indefinitely should not be the solution.

「紫色の魂。」 -スプラトゥーン

"Take it."

"..."

"It's getting hard to breath."

"..."

• Radiation will last for a long time @Violet_Trooper and at 0 morale, you will lose the province in a revolt. I suggest having the radiation fade away and morale slowly goes up as when there is radiation contamination, it is always a -30 morale
      BeaveRyan

• How can people not revolt in a province hit be a nuclear weapon or even produce resources while there is radiation? -30 moral seems too generous until radiation is removed. Troops are good example, if they move into radiation they should prevent revolts but also have strength reduced.

「紫色の魂。」 -スプラトゥーン

"Take it."

"..."

"It's getting hard to breath."

"..."

• The "atomic" not thermo nuclear weapons of ww2 were really small by comparison to what we think of by todays standards! (Something like 100 times smaller )
      You can now safely walk as a civilian in hiroshima and even visit ground zero as a civilian.
      There was even a japanese civilian that after surviving hiroshima, he went home to nagasaki and got nuked there as well, only too survive that as well ( I wouldnt call that lucky, thats one guy I want to stay the heck away from)!
      So the atomic bombs your thinking of didnt exist then, while in their day, they were an unimagined horror, but only a fraction of what was to come.

Kinda on a side note, every one knows the name of the stratofortress that dropped the first atomic bomb , the "Enola gay" flew by Paul Tibbits
      How many people know the name of the second plane or its pilot?
    • Violet_Trooper wrote:

How can people not revolt in a province hit be a nuclear weapon or even produce resources while there is radiation? -30 moral seems too generous until radiation is removed. Troops are good example, if they move into radiation they should prevent revolts but also have strength reduced.
      They are probably going to join the war effort against the person who threw the nuke. It should not be 0 morale until it completely fade away. The morale should gradually go higher
      BeaveRyan

• Honestly, given how uncommon are nukes in the game (I sometimes see them, but when they are used usually it is by the side already winning the war) I don't think it should model accuratedly the post-explosion effect. In this case, simpler is better.