The Overpowerness of Rockets in Call of War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Overpowerness of Rockets in Call of War

I hope that this thread will be considered very seriously to the creators of this game or designers of the heavily overpowered unit of Rockets in Call of War. This unit is unrealistic, easily spammable, it damages the strategical aspect of this game and very cheap for being too good. Otherwise, other units in this game will be considered inferior towards Rockets and you might as well change the name of this game to Call of Rockets as well.

First, I'm going to talk about the unrealistic aspect of Rockets in Call of War. Just to make it clear that I'm not a historical expert, but this game applies to all units from 1942, not from 2020 units, in which the Rockets in this game are similar to today's cruise missiles. In 1942, Rockets were very weak, expensive, and inaccurate, and more people died in the manufacture of the Rockets than the victims of the Rockets. A total of 3,172 Rockets were fired at 16 European cities and only an estimated 9,000 people died from these Rockets and 12,000 people died while manufacturing the Rockets. The total cost of the Rocket program was $ 40 billion, killing only 9,000 people. As a result, the Manhattan Project cost 21.3 billion and killed 129,000 to 226,000 people. In addition, these Rockets were very inaccurate at the time and had a failure rate where many of them exploded in the air and failed to reach their destination and landed in the ocean or in a plain field nearby.

Secondly, I will explain why this unit is easily spammable. All it takes is a level 2 airfield and an industrial complex, BUT if you've researched a level 1 Rockets, all you need is a level 1 air base so you can produce many, then research level 2 Rockets, and then BOOM ! You avoided building a level 2 airbase with level 2-4 rockets. The time to make a rocket is 14 hours !!. You could produce almost 2 rockets for 1 infantry or 2 rockets for 1 tank. Rockets also hurt the idea of gold use because you don't need gold to spam rockets. Now you can say that the gold user can also produce Rockets, then it depends on the number of Rockets you have versus the number of Rockets your opponent has and your troops are just numbers, then this game becomes a Mess of Rockets verses Rockets. I noticed this quite often you have normal Call of War games then the Rockets becomes a huge insurance for many players when an army of 6 divisions comes to your borders all you have to do is shoot a lot Rockets even if your army is trash and BOOM!! your the winner.

Thirdly, why this strategically damages this game. There is no unit that can fight Rockets!. Everything is vulnerable, Rocket fighters can only fight level 1 rockets, but remember, level 2-4 rockets cannot be shot down, and I have never seen a player who fired level 1 rockets unless he is a beginner. Tactical Bombers are useless against Rockets because all you have to do is pair it with a lot of Anti-Air and to make it worse you can just put your Rockets were your Tactical Bombers can't reach you because your Rockets have a higher range then Tactical Bombers and before Artillery comes at you. You can fire the Rockets at it. With ground and air units and fortifications, you can follow any strategy you want, but the Rockets just kill them. It's like a weak version of the atomic bomb that you can SPAM to be honest.

Let me also explain how cheap rockets are to be too good in Call of War. All you need for a rocket is 500 rare, 1,500 metal, 25 men and 2,500 cash. It's a similar value to any unit in Call of War, BUT 1 Rocket can easily kill a few units. Even if you want to have Rockets in this game, just remove the nuclear rocket as you can get 164 Rockets for 1 nuclear rocket. It includes all construction, research, and production costs of rare materials. Even if you build a nuclear reactor, players sabotage the building because you will have Nukes. Rockets can be easily made EVERYWHERE. You'll also have to wait until day 42 (when most games are over) to get a nuclear rocket. So there is no point in getting a nuclear rocket.

There are also several ways to fix this problem (in no particular order).

Have a 50% success rate on Rockets
      Triple the production time and the costs on Rockets
      Give the Rocket Fighters and Interceptors the ability to fight L2-4 Rockets
      Make the Level 1 Rocket available on Day 18
      Decrease the Rockets damage by 50%
      Have the Rockets only able to produce on a Level 3 Airbase and INC

The post was edited 6 times, last by Bundy34 ().

• Rockets are easily beaten by other rockets. Think of it as a mutually assured destruction scenario.

With the high cost of steel and rare materials needed rockets aren’t cheap to use in great quantities. They are remarkably effective in a few situations, but they are by no means a guarantee of victory.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I don't think it is that powerful as it cannot even destroy a SP AA in a province. I have to agree it is easy to spam it and it took me only 3 hours to build which will be mad for HC
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • The problem with rockets is actually hitting their target. If the enemy manages to keep moving, they are almost invulnerable to rockets; they will just miss because you can only fire them at the location the troops WERE at, and the launch-to-impact time is enough for any unit to get away; so they' re only useful if the enemy is sitting duck. Which is exactly the type of stratgey (sitting in some stronghold) they' re meant to counter.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Chimere wrote:

Rocket can only hit static or very very slow enemies. the problem of balance IMO is that they don't damage units on your own side, so they are very good against units engaged in battles that cannot break.

In the CoW1.5 version we changed that and made rockets damage also friendly units. There rockets also have (relatively) lowered damage vs. units.
    • freezy wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Rocket can only hit static or very very slow enemies. the problem of balance IMO is that they don't damage units on your own side, so they are very good against units engaged in battles that cannot break.
      In the CoW1.5 version we changed that and made rockets damage also friendly units. There rockets also have (relatively) lowered damage vs. units.
      First of all the changes are next to nothing. You also want to have Flying Bombs as well in your new update to add a weaker version to a already amazing unit called Rockets LOL!!
    • Like many people pointed out, rockets are meant to hit static targets. That is why they are particularly good against buildings. You can effectively counter rockets by launching simultaneous attacks on the airbases of your enemy close to your borders and put your most crucial cities out of range. Once your opponent fires the first rocket you become aware of the programme and can immediately target his airbases. It's not as OP as it looks, provided you give it some thought.
      "Klotzen, nicht kleckern!" -Heinz Guderian
    • Bundy34 wrote:

First of all it's no problem making all of the units sitting duck for Rockets. What you do is send a useless unit to the Rockets just to make it stop then BOOM!. Fire the Rockets at it.
      Well there' s many ways to stop that plan as well. The useless unit is prone to attack by air or artillery before it gets there; or it may be defeated in the first combat round, in which case the enemy loses no speed at all. The rockets are very vulnerable when they are waiting to get fired at their airfields, even the slightest nudge from the air will kill them. Moving them into position can be a bitch, because their trucks are extremely slow.

Look, no one is arguing that they aren't useful units; I often use them myself. But OP? No.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Bundy34 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

@Bundy34 My teammate accidentally fired a rocket at a enemy unit a km away from mine and damaged mine
      I didn't really know about that. Rockets are just too powerful in this game that no-one can see the problem with it.
      How many games have you done ? People with a lot of experiences tells you it is certainly not, and it is the first time I ever hear this comment.

Something else I don't like with Rockets is that it is often used by golders to rain on your airports, but well, if the golders did not use rockets they would use bombers instead.
    • Chimere wrote:

Bundy34 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

@Bundy34 My teammate accidentally fired a rocket at a enemy unit a km away from mine and damaged mine
      I didn't really know about that. Rockets are just too powerful in this game that no-one can see the problem with it.
      How many games have you done ? People with a lot of experiences tells you it is certainly not, and it is the first time I ever hear this comment.
      Something else I don't like with Rockets is that it is often used by golders to rain on your airports, but well, if the golders did not use rockets they would use bombers instead.

I played many games and I see players use Rockets as a huge insurance or in huge uses many times. I see threads people complain about the Tactical Bomber even tho you can beat the Tactical Bomber with Interceptors or Anti-Air. With Rockets it can't be defeated you just don't look at the facts.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Bundy34 wrote:

First of all it's no problem making all of the units sitting duck for Rockets. What you do is send a useless unit to the Rockets just to make it stop then BOOM!. Fire the Rockets at it.
      Well there' s many ways to stop that plan as well. The useless unit is prone to attack by air or artillery before it gets there; or it may be defeated in the first combat round, in which case the enemy loses no speed at all. The rockets are very vulnerable when they are waiting to get fired at their airfields, even the slightest nudge from the air will kill them. Moving them into position can be a bitch, because their trucks are extremely slow.
      Look, no one is arguing that they aren't useful units; I often use them myself. But OP? No.
      Ok fine instead of 1 useless unit just put an extra 2-3 useless units that it's goal is to at least survive the First Round. Then Rockets are fired. Their trucks might be extremely slow but you can just keep them 4 provinces behind your front and arrive with Rockets behind your back.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bundy34 ().