Paratroopers_not worth it_part II

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paratroopers_not worth it_part II

Paratroopers..not worth it part I ...link provided

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…t%2Bworth%2Bit#post170709

I originally made this post on the 11th May 2019, with recent edit.

Here again I will allow for screen shot on just how inadequate the paratrooper condition is, both in
      reliability and as a strategic defensive role.

here in the screenshot provided below it is that my paratrooper movement cannot option to
      land in a friendly city and put down a defensive gameplay. For this reason I will resonate earlier
      post and have say that the paratrooper unit is over rated and not worth it.

Even DB Cooper would agree...

Any thoughts.
      Images
      • dfgergergerg.gif

302.59 kB, 1,136×492, viewed 612 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• Technically, that wouldn't need a papatrooper.
      Their supposed to jump out of a plane while in flight, not land then disembark from the plane.
      Having troops be able to move by transport plane is another topic which has been suggested afew times before.
      Maybe one day we will get them.
    • yeah paratroopers seem pretty weak with that extreme long disembark time
      imo they should shorten that significantly
      like to 4/3/2/1 Hours depending on lvl

cuz 15h on lvl 1? rly? even the most braindead player will have spotted and killed them by then; way too long for a unit thats supposed to mobile and operate behind enemy lines
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • A good point ... But in real life paratroopers dropping from a plane are normally spread out over several miles and need a few hours to assemble- and sometimes paratroopers get stuck in trees and get shot by enemy ... That is the reason why they were partially replaced by dropping troops from helicopters into clearings later after WW2- and very little time is needed to assemble after helicopter drop ... 8)
    • Teburu wrote:

yeah paratroopers seem pretty weak with that extreme long disembark time

cuz 15h on lvl 1? rly? even the most braindead player will have spotted and killed them by then; way too long for a unit thats supposed to mobile and operate behind enemy lines
      So what would be your strategy... have the para land somewhere, wait till it can move again, and go somewhere? Cause yeah, that plan is bound to fail... They' re supposed to be part of a combined arms operation, involving a land attack and/or seaborne invasion as well. Your " braindead player" shouldn' t have the time to kill you, because you' re all over him with other troops as well; and the para should facilitate movement of those, or block the enemy counter. And in that role, they sure have some merit.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Teburu wrote:

yeah paratroopers seem pretty weak with that extreme long disembark time

Good feedback.

:)
    • Fortune12345 wrote:

Also, paratroopers are extremely useful for taking out undefended or weakly defended enemy airports. If your opponent has a large number of airplanes there, and you take out the airfield, BOOM they are all dead.
      tho any decent players wont have the planes on the ground? like... they even heal midair
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • They do not have to be on the ground, as soon as the airport is destroyed, all planes are grounded and turned into convoys

Teburu wrote:

Fortune12345 wrote:

Also, paratroopers are extremely useful for taking out undefended or weakly defended enemy airports. If your opponent has a large number of airplanes there, and you take out the airfield, BOOM they are all dead.
      tho any decent players wont have the planes on the ground? like... they even heal midair
    • Chimere wrote:

I have seen paratroopers used perfectly well to jump over seas that were protected by an enemy fleet (France to UK).

They are fine as they are, very situationnal.

No..they are not fine...

too much loading time

Cannot be reused

can only be built at capital

cannot land on friendly province/city

is invaluable to an otherwise better used research slot

Paratroopers....Not worth it!!!
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Yes, it cannot be reused, hard to produce. So I never produced it. ;)
      I produced one para when it first came out. I wanted to kill it afterwards, but never got the chance.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I find that paratroopers are very useful whenever I have to go against the UK especially combined with rockets.
      The rocket attack takes out defenders along with my air power and the paratroopers take London.

also can be done in a series to reach into an enemy homeland where the speed is 2x or 4x since the first one captures a province and then makes an airport to drive further in.
    • Try Paratroopers in the CoW1.5 Event. There they have higher range and don't need a capital to be produced. In future Event iterations they will also get the ability to convert back into planes after landing. That should make them more useful overall (although they can already be pretty useful in certain situations)
    • Fortune12345 wrote:

They do not have to be on the ground, as soon as the airport is destroyed, all planes are grounded and turned into convoys

Teburu wrote:

Fortune12345 wrote:

Fortune, this is not the case sir. If a players aircraft are on patrol and not on the ground and you take over that Air Base or Air Field, those planes will divert to a different Air Base or Air Field that is with in range. The only time this would not happen is if they were out of range of any other Air Base/Field.

For me, I just find it too expensive in resources to research paratroopers and then build them. They have too short of a distance to get to your front lines, can only be built at the capital and takes a level 3 Air Base. Add all the cash and resources it takes to get them and then have them so far from the front lines, for me it just does not make sense.

I will share with you though that what works best for me may not work best for others. There are many people that research, build and use paratroopers. Just like with Commandos, I don't do it for the same reasons I listed about paratroopers. I would rather focus on other things that I find suit my playing style. But there are many players that love their commandos.

General cdub