Army Purchasing/Trading

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there any chance of it being brought back but with people only being allowed to trade an army after seven or so days, like with provinces? Also, it would be cool if, when you took over a country, all of its remaining troops were captured by you to use. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I believe this was allowed in the past? Not entirely sure. Thanks,
      Sol
    • Sol,

I have been playing since 2015 and don't ever remember where you inherited the remaining units.

The only time that I know of that you will inherit troops is in certain types of rebellion where the unit or troops do not die. This does happen from time to time but not often. It does happen to the AI a lot more than it does with active players though.

By doing this, I see this creating two problems.

1) Sometimes players will evacuate their country when they know they have no hope of defending it. They will take their remain troops and move them into an allied country or out to sea in hopes of coming back later and getting their land back. This can be very effective if you are in a coalition. Keep in mind that if you are still active and a coalition member recaptures your province, it goes back to you. So by doing what you are asking, it would automatically remove that player and you would get those units that may be in another country creating a war now between you and that country.

2) It could also create a food problem for the country that inherits them. Hypothetically if a country was being invaded and they evacuated all of their troops, you take over the country and you inherit those troops. If you are on the brink of a food shortage already, it would put you into the negative. While you may not worry about that yourself, many players do. In fact, I have found there are always a few players in every map that out builds their food supply.

As far as trading units, I like that they took this away as many players abused it. I never did like it as it was used in coalitions to gang up on 1 nation and defeat him quickly.

I for one would not want to see trading units come back to the game.

With all due respect,

General cdub
    • General cdub wrote:

As far as trading units, I like that they took this away as many players abused it.
      A few less than 200 games on CoW, and I have NEVER seen trading units abused. At 10% per day, it was unlikely to ever be a factor in any event.

With the CoW1.5 game model, based primarily on man power, there is now the opportunity to implement a true
      lend-lease style of equipment trading. Require the receiver of the leased equipments to supply the necessary manpower. So, for example, a brigades worth of tanks (about 50-60) would require the receiving country to add the necessary manpower (which in the fictitious mind is ~1000, but more like 3,000 in RL) .

For the civilian readers, who are about to scream: "That won't work for infantry, which is only troops!"
      Be advised that a regiment of infantry requires rifles, pistols, bayonets, grenades, machine guns and short range mortars.
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

@General cdub Hello,

General cdub wrote:

Keep in mind that if you are still active and a coalition member recaptures your province, it goes back to you.
      Does your province refer to core province or any province that was captured by you.
      only core provinces will be returned to you.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh