Can not sell my resources due to messed up commission system - fix it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can not sell my resources due to messed up commission system - fix it.

See attached video. The new system where you charge people a commission to sell and buy is messed up. If, you dont have any cash you cant put anything on sale. The point of selling is to get cash. You should not charge the commission until the transaction happens like most commission based sales.

This is totally stupid and has prevented me from getting the cash I need MORE THAN ONCE, not sure why we even need a stupid commission system.

FIX IT!

And of course I can't even upload a zipped video that is 2 meg, gimme a break go here to see it.

drive.google.com/file/d/1LyyQK…-phWV7Fb/view?usp=sharing
    • As this is not a bug and the system is operating as it is currently designed I am moving this to the suggestions section. :)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Akulla3D wrote:

If, you dont have any cash you cant put anything on sale. The point of selling is to get cash. You should not charge the commission until the transaction happens like most commission based sales.
      While I have not been in a position to encounter this problem, if it is there, I concur 100%. This would be a very big critical error in the game. I do not have a problem with the 10% Commission that is now charged. But if you put something up for sale, you have not sold it yet. When it sells or you take it off the market, then that is when the commission should be charged.

I believe the commission was implemented due to abuse by some players trying to hide their supplies before an enemy took their province that provided resources. Players did this regularly and then once the province was taken, they would just take it off the market and still have their resources. So I think it is a good idea. There are always peeps out there trying to find a loophole in the system in order to win. What they should do is learn how to play the game better.

I mean no disrespect to anyone for those comments, but I have seen this a lot by less experienced players before this was implemented.

General cdub
    • I agree with this and have had to sell a few random 10-20 units of something I didn't want to sell in order to post a sell trade. Make the commission be on the sale. The market is underutilized as always, but worse now. Better yet, bet rid of the commission or lower it to 2% each way or only 5% out of the sellers take.

To combat market resource hiders, just auto cancel enough or the relevant resource and cash buy units to cover the spoils if needed. If they loose the capital, cancel all resource buy offers before making the calculation. If this is too hard, then General cdubs idea of taking commission if trade is complete or cancelled is better than upfront. One other idea is to get back 90% of resources if you cancel so you don't need cash to do it, like a restocking fee, but allow lowering the price or increasing the bid without cost.

Anther perceived problem with the market trade costs being upfront without changing the way the AI uses the market is that they seem to put up a bunch of small buy offers and some huge sell offers, eating up their cash. This puts them at a disadvantage for building stuff, but also hurts the spoils take. When you take over their capital a day or two after they take over for an inactive that you know was loaded with cash due to the paper, nothings left for spoils. Am I reading this right? Or why else would an AI take over and blow through $400,000 and not have much for new buildings or units in a day or 2?
    • Though the wording is way too crass, I agree with this completely. Sales are made to make money, and they shouldn't be impossible because you have no money...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Akulla3D wrote:

I went to sell something and I cancelled it and it didnt give me my money back
      This also is the intended function of this feature.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Akulla3D wrote:

I went to sell something and I cancelled it and it didnt give me my money back
      This also is the intended function of this feature.
      I like the way you call this a feature. It is not a feature it is a liability.

I am not sure how it is a feature as when I go to sell something and I am broke the game will not let me.

For example.

I have $5 in my treasury, I need some money.

So I go to add a sell offer for Oil. At $4 for 1000 units of Oil, the trade fee is $400, so I am unable to place the order because the algorithm is to stupid to understand that no where in any market ever invented do you pay a commission before the sale.

I am not sure why it even exists in the first place, I am losing games due to this ill thought out and I quote "feature".

I love this game and have played it since beta, please fix this so called feature.
    • heres a thought for you~~
      Lets say you own and run an international market, where everyone can come to buy and sell their stuff.
      I come to you one day and say i got these widgets, I would like you to sell them for me. So you go and spend money to set up the display, schedule your sales people and pay them to start contacting their buyers.
      Then I say, oops my bad, give me my widgets back~~ now your out that money, do you just eat the loss?
    • gusv wrote:

and that is the whole silliness (commission before sale) of this feature that does not exist in real life ...

When looking at auctions in the real world there is generally a non refundable listing fee charged up front. This is paid before the item is offered, and if the item is not sold the fee is not returned as the auction company spent time and effort trying to sell the items without results. Now of course some of these might be a contract where the fee is due later, but the concept is still the same. Sales professionals don't work for free.

You can also look at this as transportation and storage costs, as the items are delivered without the need of trucks, ships, or time. If you schedule a shipment of something you are still on the hook for the cost even if the shipment is cancelled.

VorlonFCW