New Infantry Unit- Snipers (new armor type as well?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Snipers will change the strategy of the game, if they are added.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Maximilien wrote:

Snipers will change the strategy of the game, if they are added.
      Not really, a unit that can't defend against tanks or aircraft that should have terrible offense stats. An infantry unit is made up of light AA, light-heavy artillery, anti-tank guns and light armour support with recon units. For the infantryman, there is MG's, rifles, carbines, and sniper rifles.

What you guys want is a unit made up purely of snipers, which abandons all the teachings of modern warfare. Combined arms, automatic and semi-automatic weaponry together, artillery support, protection form air attacks, anti-tank capability, you guys throw it all out the window and give everyone bolt action rifles with scopes!

What is this, WWI with some pretty glass?
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Not really, a unit that can't defend against tanks or aircraft that should have terrible offense stats.
      Well, The snipers would run as the artillery. They would attack the enemy away and after the attack, would be withdrawn.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Maximilien wrote:

Well, The snipers would run as the artillery.
      That makes no sense! Artillery is for indirect supporting fire, on occasion direct fire! Machine guns can do this, snipers cannot! Have you ever heard of a sniper barrage before an attack? I have not. Besides, snipers do not have the range to do so effectively as the longest record sniper kill is about 2 and half kilometers with a modern 50. caliber rifle, not a 7.62 WWII-era rifle.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Well, The snipers would run as the artillery.
      That makes no sense! Artillery is for indirect supporting fire, on occasion direct fire! Machine guns can do this, snipers cannot! Have you ever heard of a sniper barrage before an attack? I have not. Besides, snipers do not have the range to do so effectively as the longest record sniper kill is about 2 and half kilometers with a modern 50. caliber rifle, not a 7.62 WWII-era rifle.
      It's possible, but the snipers it's good unit.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

It's possible, but the snipers it's good unit.
      It is not possible! Are you telling me a sniper could take out 1000 troops in a fort from 50km away in less than three days? They cannot!
      Error! The snipers is good unit! Because one reason:

-They may attack the infantry from afar and casualties!

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

-They may attack the infantry from afar and casualties!
      2 and half kilometers is not good, especially when it can be out ranged with ease by 47 and a half kilometers.
      What you propose?

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

What you propose?
      No snipers, marines instead.
      Marines is better.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Marines is better.
      Totally.
      Important unit...

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Marines is better.
      Totally.
      Important unit...
      I think they are being added in though, right?
      It's possible.

• I for once agree with Quasi-Duck.
      separate Sniper units make little sense. As they are already incorporated into an infantry unit.
      Marines on the other hand does make a lot of sense.

Another great thing would be units gaining experience with each kill, making it stronger after set milestones
    • My main counter argument to the number of snipers is the commando battalion. How would they have near twice the health of an infantry brigade with the limited numbers they were ever fielded in?
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

My main counter argument to the number of snipers is the commando battalion. How would they have near twice the health of an infantry brigade with the limited numbers they were ever fielded in?
      Snipers in a battalion, which is similar to the commands. Interesting idea, but the Marines are better.

• aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

My main counter argument to the number of snipers is the commando battalion. How would they have near twice the health of an infantry brigade with the limited numbers they were ever fielded in?
      It is stupid but, the main argument is they are better trained. They would not have the same heavy guns though, I would presume they use Guerrilla warfare. The British did and instead of having mortars for indirect fire, they would have machine guns.