New Infantry Unit- Snipers (new armor type as well?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

My main counter argument to the number of snipers is the commando battalion. How would they have near twice the health of an infantry brigade with the limited numbers they were ever fielded in?
      It is stupid but, the main argument is they are better trained. They would not have the same heavy guns though, I would presume they use Guerrilla warfare. The British did and instead of having mortars for indirect fire, they would have machine guns.
      Correct.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

My main counter argument to the number of snipers is the commando battalion. How would they have near twice the health of an infantry brigade with the limited numbers they were ever fielded in?
      It is stupid but, the main argument is they are better trained. They would not have the same heavy guns though, I would presume they use Guerrilla warfare. The British did and instead of having mortars for indirect fire, they would have machine guns.
      Yes, but their numbers, should we hold snipers against that, are what doesn't make sense. An infantry division is say, 10,000-20,000 men? They largest ever Commando operation, Operation Jubilee, fielded, I believe, 5,000 men? Yet with 3,500 casualties, a destroyer, large amounts of landing craft and planes lost, no objectives were taken, and Germany received only 500-600. All other operations never surpassed 50 troops, not counting fire support from Navy and Air Forces. Yet during the Battle of Stalingrad, Winter War, German snipers behind lines of the Western Allies advance, and even slowing German units to prepare a retreat during the Battle of France, small squadrons of sniper squadrons accomplished far more with much higher success rates.
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Yes, but their numbers, should we hold snipers against that, are what doesn't make sense. An infantry division is say, 10,000-20,000 men? They largest ever Commando operation, Operation Jubilee, fielded, I believe, 5,000 men? Yet with 3,500 casualties, a destroyer, large amounts of landing craft and planes lost, no objectives were taken, and Germany received only 500-600. All other operations never surpassed 50 troops, not counting fire support from Navy and Air Forces. Yet during the Battle of Stalingrad, Winter War, German snipers behind lines of the Western Allies advance, and even slowing German units to prepare a retreat during the Battle of France, small squadrons of sniper squadrons accomplished far more with much higher success rates.
      Have you heard of the time the British sent commandos to Italy? They flooded a valley and escaped, no casualties. That valley was where new Italian recruits went to to train, by the way. It was flooded with a viaduct too.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Have you heard of the time the British sent commandos to Italy? They flooded a valley and escaped, no casualties. That valley was where new Italian recruits went to to train, by the way. It was flooded with a viaduct too.
      I'm not doubting the effectiveness of commandos, don't worry. I have great respect for special ops teams. What I'm saying is their abilities portrayed in the game makes the arguments against snipers invalid
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

At least commandos had some heavy weaponry and work as teams. Snipers were alone in combat, unless they had a spotter with them.
      Correct! The commandos are better...

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.