Armoured cars need to be buffed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Armoured cars need to be buffed

The armored car is the weakest unit aside from the militia but the militia can be mass produced unlike armored cars which need infrastructure i have 3 suggestions to buff it.

1.Have it transport other infantry units it can have a cap and act alot like a aircraft carrier, and transport antitanks and artillery but this could have a cap of 1 or 2, But the units inside cant be used when in battle there fore you dont have to buff the attack statistics.

2.Just buff the attack stats having them be used for mainly attacking infantry.

3.They could have a chance of breaking through lines without finishing attacking units and just get everything behind the front lines
    • @Seaexplorer99 Hello, Just want to let you know that there are motorized infantry that moves at a fast speed and have even more attack counter than infantry. I do not believe there should be transportations of infantry unit via vehicles as it is mot really possible during WWII and a unit needs to be separated to many parts of to have armoured vehicle to transport them because there just aren't enough vehicles for the entire devision. If they can break through the front line without finishing unit, they can go right to the capitol if there are no other units behind? That will not be a very great idea but commando can do that in 1.5 as a stealth unit.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Seaexplorer99 wrote:

Ok but then whats the point of armored cars other than to gain access to tanks
      That is a very good question. They are the fastest unit on the battle field. I am only speaking for how I use them.

I will put them in a stack of a few tanks and Artillery mixed with AA. When I know a province is clear, I will send out my Armored Car to capture that province. By doing this, your Artillery Unit will now be at 100% speed instead of the 50% speed in an enemy province.

They are used to move ahead of your main forces. I also use them to scout ahead of my main ground forces. This can be dangerous though as they are highly vulnerable to air attacks.

I always say though, what works for me may not work for others. There is nothing wrong with the way the Armored Cars are set today and in 1.5, they are even more valuable.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

General cdub
    • Armored car see further than any other land unit in the game. I like to mix 1 or 2 up with stacks early games, to capture spots ahead of time and to scout around me.

Of course, late game, planes are better for that, but that's the problem with planes, not with AC.

They are also seriously buffed in 1.5
    • Chimere wrote:

Armored car see further than any other land unit in the game. I like to mix 1 or 2 up with stacks early games, to capture spots ahead of time and to scout around me.

Of course, late game, planes are better for that, but that's the problem with planes, not with AC.

They are also seriously buffed in 1.5
      In fact, ACs have the biggest scout range of all troops, land, sea, or air. I use them as either scouts or just to exploit enemy gaps. On the rare occasion an enemy breaks through, I use the AC to temporarily stop them (since AC is fastest unit in game) while I punch the force with my air force. Max level AC is so fast, it feels like you're playing 2x speed. So it does have its strengths and weaknesses.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I'm very ambiguous about armored cars... I'm always very happy with the two or three you recieve in the initial unit set (as mentioned above: fire brigade role for enemy breakthroughs; view range; capturing undefended ground); however, I never research and build them (except the mandatory L1 towards tanks). There's just so much stuff to do...

I have encountered air players who used no ground units AT ALL but AC's to capture ground though (bombing all defenders) and it is possible to grab territory at unparalelled speed like this.

So I think it is a good unit as it is.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Same, I just get the 2/3 in the beginning of the game. When I do well, they are still in my army 20 days later with no health. But remember, they can act as speed-up units too.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Personally, on large maps I stopped researching Light Tanks (except level 1 LT) and research full AC and Medium. Light Tank only advantage vs Medium is speed, and AC is faster and cheaper than LT.

On smaller maps, I keep the Light Tanks as in these you don't have the time to ramp up the industry for Medium.
    • Just IMO, AC is the destroyer of nations as it is. They are cheap, fast and easy to produce making them very inexpensive. They're also very fast and have a great view range, making them great scouts and above all to capture undefended provinces. A lot of nations fell because AC went inside their rear lines and wreck havoc into their industrial zones.

The 1.5 update however buffed AC greatly, but also made them more expensive and harder to produce. It's still being tested so I'm not sure how great/bad are they yet.
    • You will find that armored cars are buffed quite a bit in the 1.5 event games. They have a greater role against infantry class units and the level 3 armored car ability to reveal stealth units is quite powerful.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

level 3 armored car ability to reveal stealth units is quite powerful.
      Wait a second what? You mean ACs can see subs? In my interpretation, naval bombers have almost no use now as they're more expensive than ACs and you can kill naval forces with naval forces.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

level 3 armored car ability to reveal stealth units is quite powerful.
      Wait a second what? You mean ACs can see subs? In my interpretation, naval bombers have almost no use now as they're more expensive than ACs and you can kill naval forces with naval forces.
      This is exactly how I used to feel about naval bombers, but I developed an appreciation for them. When I build a navy these days, I also build naval bombers (usually on carriers), with good results. Key is not to expect single ones to have a great impact, but stack them like you would tacs/fighters up to 5, and they can efficiently deal with most enemy navies. You wouldn't expect a single tactical bomber to blast an invading enemy tank army into oblivion either, right?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Little Racoon wrote:

naval bombers have almost no use now
      Armored cars would not have this ability while inside a transport ship. so their utility on the ocean is zero.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • That basically IS the upgraded armored car.