Grain Crisis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Grain Crisis

I'm getting rather desperate here. For the past week I've dealt with a grain derelict which has bankrupted my cash income as I buy-up market offers. Today I've disabled the last of my barracks in an attempt to conserve my income. This gave me a small surplus, but I cannot build any units without agitating the problem and it's only a matter of time until I'm at war with a neighbor who likely has not suffered a grain issue and has thus continued to build units.

I looked at my consumption and production and I get:

Production: +16,000

Consumption

United: -4,000
      Population: -11,000

The units are self-explanatory, but what is population and how do I get them to stop eating so much?
    • Amywalker wrote:

how do I get them to stop eating so much?
      ...You can't :P
      "Switching off" Barracks is of course first good action to limit the problem.
      Building a seaport on those coastal grain-producing provinces (if any) also helps a little (beware: seaports increase oil consumption).

Next steps are:
      - build level-1 infratrastructures in grain-producing provinces: infrastructures increase production. Same effect of the industrial complexes, but infrastructures have lower cost and faster completing time. Level 2 ans 3 start to be more expensive.
      - then build industrial complexes also: they too increase production. Level 1 is more expensive than Level 1 infrastructure, but from Level 2 on, construction costs decrease a lot.
      - Message your allies (or other players) proposing them resource exchanges: offer them the resource you produce with higher rate in change of their grain ("new trade" button in the in-game messaging interface).

...Once you have grain production back in positive trend (green data), you can "switch on" barracks (do it gradually...) and continue your army's build-up ;)
    • if you need the resource and a production advantage try to invest on industrial complex on grain province, this way you not only increase income significantly but have the advantage of numbers (considering you can maintain it)

don't attack recklessly and try to target enemy grain province, and lastly use tanks as a vanguard force since they consume less grain but have oil upkeep.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I thought i knew things... i clearly didnt. INFRASTRUCTURE INCREASES PRODUCTION? time to mass build (Also i have question, in wars does the population take casualties? like form rockets?)
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • 2015!??????????
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • WHA??

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength