Supply Ships, Trucks, and Planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If someone owns the canal, then other countries would have to pay to use it, and then there would be trading canals and countries owning parts of the sea (south China sea for example) which would make naval usage important for conquering parts of the sea...but again, that would give land-locked nations a disadvantage.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • gen.firebird wrote:

Either way though if you get a land locked country fight for the sea that’s why hitler attacked Poland for Danzig they demanded it and Poland wouldn’t budge so he took it
      Danzig was just a pretext for an invasion that would have happened one way or they other. Knowing that Poland would refuse the demand was what he wanted. If they had granted his demand, he would have just kept making demands until Poland refused.
    • Grimra wrote:

So I've thought about this for awhile, and I think Supply Ships need to make it into the game. Hear me out, I know y'all love getting resources instantly through trading, but lets think about this. What was the naval strategy of Germany during the second and arguably first world world war? U-Boats and Submarine Warfare! What I propose is creating supply convoys or dedicated ships for transporting resources and materials. Lets say Country A agrees on a trade of 5k food for 3k oil from Country B, several supply ships would be automatically created from a city, depending on the level, each ship would carry a certain amount of food, these ships would travel automatically to a city of Country A's choosing. However, these ships could be stopped to allow a convoy creation. Supply Ships would have a Create Convoy option, allowing players to pair ships like destroyers to these supply vessels, protecting them from subs. For land locked nations do pretty much the same thing but with Trucks, Trains, and Aircraft. Maybe you'd need level two infrastructure for trains, and connecting airbases for planes. Just a though.
      Well, while you're right this was certainly what happened during WW2, this would make Call of War slow down as people tend to buy up the resources in the stock market quickly in order to produce and build more. Adding supply ships to that equation would no doubt slow Call of War down so much but would also defeat the point of it in the first place. Imagine in the 1939 historic game, Britain wants to trade oil with America or vice versa, why should Britain wait 2-3 days to get those resources when they could already produce the amount needed within that time? Also adding supply ships generally to any game would make it harder as people would also have to divert resources to the ships or trucks or even planes?? The amount of RM earned in almost every game would have to be increased along with other resources to make up for the new addition in units. I'm not sure but maybe this could and maybe be available in the CoW1.5. But thats a big maybe.