How do you counter rockets?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you counter rockets?

Since they're fast and can no longer be shot down at lvl 2 i feel like the only way to not get all your units killed by rockets when you arent looking is to be online 24/7
      Is there any reliabe way to counter them?
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Not all your unit gets killed by a single unit. I cannot even destroy one SP anti air with a highest level rocket. You might be able to keep your unit safe by keep adding target for all you units near the enemy border and keep them moving throughout your afk time. Fortifications help too.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Teburu wrote:

i feel like the only way to not get all your units killed by rockets when you arent looking is to be online 24/7
      Is there any reliabe way to counter them?
      When you are up against a player that is using a lot of Rockets, keep your units moving. Even if you have to order them to go around in circles. Rockets can't hit a moving target.

When you are going to go offline, give your units an order to go to one place, then another and then another until it's travel time has reached the timing of you getting back on. As far as your smaller unit size or single units, never leave them at the epic center of your province. Stage them somewhere in the middle. Unless he has gotten a Full Disclosure or pays for one with gold, he will not know they are there. Then again, if he wants to waste a Rocket on a single unit, That is not so bad of a trade really. I reckon it depends on how many units you have and what type of unit it is.

A few other things you can do.....

1. If you have the cash, put one or two spies in the Level 1 Air Bases he is firing them from. This will damage the air base so he has to repair it.
      2. Build some level 1 rockets and fire them at all his air bases they are in range of. As long as he does not have AA in them, they will reach the target 90% of the time and damage the Air Base.
      3. If you have air, when you know he is offline, scout his Air Bases that are in range, when you find his Rockets, put your Air on Patrol over the target and it will destroy them faster than doing a straight bombing run. Be care not to patrol to your max range as if he fires a rocket at your air base, it will ground them. You always want multiple air bases in range so you have an air base or strip to divert to in case this happens.

I hope this helps, it is what I do when going up against someone that likes rockets. I do find however that the majority that use rockets also spam them. So that is when Spies come in handy as they have to use more to repair the air bases.

General cdub
    • Teburu wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I cannot even destroy one SP anti air with a highest level rocket
      thats just bad luck with the rng
      Yeah, looks like I am unlucky. I used dxcalc.com and found out that there is no way that the rocket did not destroy it. :(
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Remember this is a fan tool developed by a player who quit two years ago, it is no longer maintained and already missed two balancing rounds. Use with caution.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • As for the thread subject:
      - Keep moving
      - Split stacks
      - Get out of range/view overnight
      - Harass launching airfields
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.