New unit idea!!!!,!,!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So... pirates?

Yeah, hate to break it to you, that would be more viable in a modern day setting. This is WWII. Piracy and ship raiding were kind of uncommon, and super ineffective. If you want to replicate the idea of merchant raiding, I'd just send out destroyers and subs to sink unguarded transports.
    • Nothing that would be worth stealing moves by ships, such as resources or gold. For equipment, well, it is rather impractical to transfer vehicles and tanks from one boat to another in the middle of the ocean.

During the time period of WW2 really the only option was to sink the transport ships and send the equipment to the bottom of the ocean.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • So you missed out the big part. When you have a ship raider unit, you need to give us the power/attack counter. Also, you think ship raiders can beat the navy officers?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • This is a little different but I think they need to make supply rules because anybody can attack any province and just leave them there all game even they are surrounded which is really unrealistic. They need to make supply units that people can intercept so that if you do an invasion you can’t just dump a million guys and leave them there the whole game and attack just like normal. There needs to be a penalty. Also on the same token they need to make limited supply like conquered countries capitals should offer movement abilities but if you want to attack there effectively should go down. Also with the supply ships they should cost 1k food and 2k goods and then to send them to troops you have to fill them with resources to make the upkeep of the troops you are trying to supply
    • gen.firebird wrote:

This is a little different but I think they need to make supply rules because anybody can attack any province and just leave them there all game even they are surrounded which is really unrealistic. They need to make supply units that people can intercept so that if you do an invasion you can’t just dump a million guys and leave them there the whole game and attack just like normal. There needs to be a penalty. Also on the same token they need to make limited supply like conquered countries capitals should offer movement abilities but if you want to attack there effectively should go down. Also with the supply ships they should cost 1k food and 2k goods and then to send them to troops you have to fill them with resources to make the upkeep of the troops you are trying to supply
      Use the search function. Before we fall into logistical nightmares.. and become logistical generals
      BeaveRyan

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

gen.firebird wrote:

This is a little different but I think they need to make supply rules because anybody can attack any province and just leave them there all game even they are surrounded which is really unrealistic. They need to make supply units that people can intercept so that if you do an invasion you can’t just dump a million guys and leave them there the whole game and attack just like normal. There needs to be a penalty. Also on the same token they need to make limited supply like conquered countries capitals should offer movement abilities but if you want to attack there effectively should go down. Also with the supply ships they should cost 1k food and 2k goods and then to send them to troops you have to fill them with resources to make the upkeep of the troops you are trying to supply
      Use the search function. Before we fall into logistical nightmares.. and become logistical generals
      i've nvr tried playing logistical games before, most prob cos i cant find any. would be a new
      One day there will be no more wars
    • all you admins, i have unit ideas too. you see, some weapons from WWII are missing from the game completely. For example, the German super gun, the Dive Bomber, the Japanese kimazke, fighter-bombers, anti-tank infantry groups, field artillery, ETC. please add
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • vyliance wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

gen.firebird wrote:

i've nvr tried playing logistical games before, most prob cos i cant find any. would be a new
      The "Decisive Campaign" serie is a lot about logistics, though not only.

Unity of Command II (NOT UoC 1) has a lot of logitic management, which deployment of supply depots, allocation of supply trucks between army groups, etc.
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

all you admins, i have unit ideas too. you see, some weapons from WWII are missing from the game completely. For example, the German super gun, the Dive Bomber, the Japanese kimazke, fighter-bombers, anti-tank infantry groups, field artillery, ETC. please add
      Dive bombers have already been added. In 1.5, they are called attack bombers. Anti tank units also exist, as well as artillery. The only units that don’t exist are units that don’t have an equivalent in other doctrines.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Yeah the best way to simulate kamikaze would be that with Pan-Asian doctrine you can direct the bomb even after it has taken off (so you don’t miss moving units). You still cannot land again, nor patrol.

Only flying bomb so once missiles roll out your advantage vanish.
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Dive bombers have already been added. In 1.5, they are called attack bombers. Anti tank units also exist, as well as artillery. The only units that don’t exist are units that don’t have an equivalent in other doctrines.
      Yes, but im saying FIELD artillery, not normal artillery. also there are way more, i am a WWII nerd, know a bit about it. You see, things like the Battle Cruiser, Heavy/Light cruiser, Half-Trucks, assault guns, Assault Vehicles, Mortars (Soviets, Germans and french as well as others had giant mortars), fighter bombers, Floating Tanks, ETC (lots of etc)
      i was also SEVERLY disappointed about fortifications on CoW. in real life, youd have coastal guns, pillarboxes, tunnels, etc. CoW has 1 type of fort intended for all. in REAL life there would be specific defences according to units
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

DoctorDR1 wrote:

Yes, but im saying FIELD artillery, not normal artillery. also there are way more, i am a WWII nerd, know a bit about it. You see, things like the Battle Cruiser, Heavy/Light cruiser, Half-Trucks, assault guns, Assault Vehicles, Mortars (Soviets, Germans and french as well as others had giant mortars), fighter bombers, Floating Tanks, ETC (lots of etc)i was also SEVERLY disappointed about fortifications on CoW. in real life, youd have coastal guns, pillarboxes, tunnels, etc. CoW has 1 type of fort intended for all. in REAL life there would be specific defences according to units
      The arty unit never implied being "normal". Cruisers can be leveled up for extra damage. Mechanized infantry, low tier SP Anti Tank and SPAA are also technically half tracks. The fortifications part you can use your rail road gun or arty as coastal defenses. As long as troops are in a province, they experience the fort protection regardless of whether you're in the center or not. Assault vehicles, we have the SPG's. The fighter bombers will have balancing problems (because they can both attack air AND land rather than be specialized). Don't want too much IRL situations such as tanks breaking down, out of ammo, etc.
      Ciro702

Any problems or bugs found? Submit a ticket here! :P

"Having an army is good. Having the insight of an enemy's is better"