Artillery and Support weapons expansion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery and Support weapons expansion

After spending a lot of time on CoW 1.5 I started watching some Yugoslav turbofolk and came to the realization we need some darn rocket artillery and self propelled rocket artillery, Practically anti tank artillery but is a morale “buster” you could say now I have not much to say other than we need some damn rockets besides these regular rockets and to put the rocket artillery before you can research actual long range rockets as a buffer zone against rockets and for it to take longer, I’m hoping more can throw ideas and thoughts for more artillery and support weapons such as allowing people to research next to the infantry tab for the infantry tab to expand the anti tank values or infantry values of those researched infantry rather than just going down the line and researching better overall infantry, Bring some ideas to the thread!
    • Based on the range of Artillery and SP artillery units in this game it appears that rockets are grouped in with these units.

What difference in characteristics would there be between artillery and rockets? The seem to share bombardment from range and similar effects on targets.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MrOberleut wrote:

After spending a lot of time on CoW 1.5 I started watching some Yugoslav turbofolk and came to the realization we need some darn rocket artillery and self propelled rocket artillery, Practically anti tank artillery but is a morale “buster” you could say now I have not much to say other than we need some damn rockets besides these regular rockets and to put the rocket artillery before you can research actual long range rockets as a buffer zone against rockets and for it to take longer, I’m hoping more can throw ideas and thoughts for more artillery and support weapons such as allowing people to research next to the infantry tab for the infantry tab to expand the anti tank values or infantry values of those researched infantry rather than just going down the line and researching better overall infantry, Bring some ideas to the thread!
      Funny that you post this because we are actually thinking about this :)

VorlonFCW wrote:

Based on the range of Artillery and SP artillery units in this game it appears that rockets are grouped in with these units.

What difference in characteristics would there be between artillery and rockets? The seem to share bombardment from range and similar effects on targets.
      Since in CoW1.5 we have more armor classes and a more defined counter system, we could normal artis be more effective vs. unarmored and light armor and rocket artis be more effective vs. heavy armor and structures for example. Plus the different resource needs also make a difference (the rocket artis would probably also have rare costs instead of something else)

Mabe in the future there will also be more features possible, like different reload times, so a heavy arti could deal more damage but needs longer to reload (but thats not on the immediate plan)
    • freezy wrote:

MrOberleut wrote:

Funny that you post this because we are actually thinking about this :)

VorlonFCW wrote:

Based on the range of Artillery and SP artillery units in this game it appears that rockets are grouped in with these units.

Since in CoW1.5 we have more armor classes and a more defined counter system, we could normal artis be more effective vs. unarmored and light armor and rocket artis be more effective vs. heavy armor and structures for example. Plus the different resource needs also make a difference (the rocket artis would probably also have rare costs instead of something else)
      Mabe in the future there will also be more features possible, like different reload times, so a heavy arti could deal more damage but needs longer to reload (but thats not on the immediate plan)
      That’s awesome to hear, I’m sorry I couldn’t provide as to how it could be implemented as I believe that is up to you the creators to decide. I’m glad that you guys are thinking of more units and artillery but remember to keep it in such a way that it does not become its own tree as all should have to research artillery before any other support artillery is researchable, I wanted to throw something that I don’t believe has been forwarded to you guys at the Bytro team ( atleast I don’t think) My idea is that along with this when you have the time would be excellent to see specific set defensive fortifications such as, Hedgehogs. For tanks and other vehicles, Barbed Wire, For infantry of course and speed debuff for enemy troops and speed buff for allied troops at a small hint, Anti Tank Emplacments for Light Armor and small Anti Heavy Armor for example you fall into a last stand situation where you pump out militia and all you have are these emplacements. These would do a damn good job for the defense and tactics of more defensive players for superiority in that style, And my favorite. Mines for both light armor and Infantry. This would be a dearly interesting thing and would require rare mats, Another good one would be radio towers for incoming rockets and planes preemptively. I hope to see expanded fortifications and the ability to turn regular provinces with level 3 factories to have the ability to turn into a “City-Able” Province for the allowance of a capital in harsh situations and expanded productions, I also recommend the allowance of sending manpower to nations in your alliance only. I hope for more diplomatic options and politics and hopefully a role-play specific game mode for people who like politics and stupid seriousness as I do, Another I hope for is trade lines between Capitals and supply but this is a hard worker there and I don’t want these as priorities but as ideas when the game is smoother and prepared for expansion as people whom use the application and cellular devices have issues with the expanded graphics as it crashes the game for the regular CoW and not for supremacy and I see this is not an engine problem but an unprepared application which needs to be optimized for cellular usage, The game is great and will continue to prosper but hold yourself in thought as if you played the game everyday as an ordinary individual and your MMO for Massive RTS war in real time will be huge and larger than HOI4 as everyone loves these types of games from this community and as I believe. I put my trust in you my good friends at bytro, Yours truly a loyal CoW and Bytro player.