Stuff only a noob would do in call of war games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In a game that my coalition is about to win in the 22-player clash of nations map, a noob that was in fourth place went inactive- apparently giving up hope for getting gold for fourth place ... My allies and I then attacked his inactive nation, which will provide us with enough points to go over the top ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

In a game that my coalition is about to win in the 22-player clash of nations map, a noob that was in fourth place went inactive- apparently giving up hope for getting gold for fourth place ... My allies and I then attacked his inactive nation, which will provide us with enough points to go over the top ... 8)
      Another noob move is to come back after going red and complaining that your coalition is unfairly ganging up on him because he did nothing to you to deserve being attacked
    • ... Or you could be a leader of a winning coalition, also your country leading in VP's, and kick yourself out by accident when accepting a third coalition member- like I just did late at night, perhaps double clicking by accident ... Now I gotta wait 3 days to re=apply to my former coalition! ... :(
    • gusv wrote:

... Or you could be a leader of a winning coalition, also your country leading in VP's, and kick yourself out by accident when accepting a third coalition member- like I just did late at night, perhaps double clicking by accident ... Now I gotta wait 3 days to re=apply to my former coalition! ... :(
      That's not a noob move. That's just an honest mistake (at least you knew how to lead a coalition lol) gusv.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • How I spot a Noob:

Militia
      L1 Ind. Complex's in their core and it's mid to late game.
      Militia
      Destroyers built in a lake
      Militia
      L3 Infrastructure. L1 IC. Building Heavy Tanks
      Slow moving unit that is not as good as infantry - I forget the name
      Sends an unsolicited share map trade

Noob conversations:

N: Why are you attacking me?
      Me: It's a war game
      N: I know but I don't want to fight you

N: Help. This player is spending loads of gold an I can't beat them
      Me: Which Country?
      N: Belgium
    • Ifanwhen wrote:

How I spot a Noob:

Militia
      L1 Ind. Complex's in their core and it's mid to late game.
      Militia
      Destroyers built in a lake
      Militia
      L3 Infrastructure. L1 IC. Building Heavy Tanks
      Slow moving unit that is not as good as infantry - I forget the name
      Sends an unsolicited share map trade

Noob conversations:

N: Why are you attacking me?
      Me: It's a war game
      N: I know but I don't want to fight you

N: Help. This player is spending loads of gold an I can't beat them
      Me: Which Country?
      N: Belgium
      LOL

The post was edited 1 time, last by RiverWolf74 ().

• cycle9 wrote:

1.Should you lose your Capitol early on, don’t bother replacing it. As your morale decreases, your provinces will most likely revolt to your coalition partners, your team mates will then have to feed the hungry provincials.
      2.Should you decide to replace your lost Capitol, make sure not to leave any defenders in the new Capitol. That’s the first place your enemy will look to attack your troops.
      3.If your enemy has a strong Navy, make sure to place plenty of ground troops on your coasts, need to keep an eye on those enemy warships.
      4.Blitzkreig is for the birds – always include militia and other slow moving units with your advancing armor. No need to engage the enemy in a timely manner, or take too many provinces all at once.
      5.If at first you do not succeed, try, try again. Just because you have lost a dozen ground units trying to convoy across waters protected by enemy submarines, does not mean that the 13th unit might somehow slip through.
      6.Never coordinate any battle operations with your coalition mates. Disjoint operations in many directions is the best way to confuse your enemies.
      7.Always use tanks to attack enemy infantry defending cities. The rumor that tanks lose 50% combat strength in cities is just another documentation error.
      I did a joint op, nothing went wrong. I Guess it’s just because the collision mates were cooperating with the plan
      hi
    • 1. Attacking with only 1 to 3 stack army "of any kind" towards a well stacked and well combined army.
      2. Using naval bombers against land targets.
      3. Upgrading too soon at any tech tree despite of lack of resources or practicality.
      4. Focusing on land tech tree if your country is surrounded with water or sea (e.g. Phils, Borneo, Indonesia and etc.).
      5. Not softening a well stacked army with "any" artillery units.
      6. Leaving the game with flanks wide open (I mean you can sleep but make sure your flanks are well defended. You do not want to wake up with your right or left flank missing).
      7. Thinking that his country can take on the whole world without alliance and making a lot of enemies.
      8. Using Tactical, Attack and Naval bombers against interceptors.
      9. Sending AAAs against a stack of infantry based army.
      10. Using artillery to engage enemy at close quarters.

So far those I have observed in the game, I did some of them myself only because I was not familiar with the game at start. I happen to send artillery at close quarters tho... I did regret doing it.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker