Always 4x speed games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Little Racoon wrote:

I find that 2x speed games are quite fun. I personally am not a fan of speed games as I was worried I won't have enough active time to do anything significant, but that was until I tried the tutorial 2x speed game. It was short and thrilling, but not stressing. Like how other players pointed out, 2x is a very good compromise between 1x and 4x. Also, I have never played 4x speed games so treat my opinion lightly (but I will in the upcoming all countries all in - yemen gang).
      I've played as every playable country in the Middle East except for Yemen... Scared away by its shoddy manpower production.
    • 4x games pace is just perfect for me. Still leaves me to have peaceful nights and enables to set up invasion on other continent in less than a day.
      Soon corona situation will be finished so it is last 3 weeks for me to be able to play. And I play only 4x events and my team mates too. It would be great if next upcoming event would be 100p 4x game. Or even make the 2 teams game 4x would be amazing. Actually any event 4x would do. 2x still is too slow, 6x and higher makes you abuse stimulants if you want to win. Its perfect for people who have a lot of free time but not in a longer range and I guess there is a lot of folks who would agree.
      I would be not able to play till December after so it would be nice farewell game for me...
      <keeping fingers crossed>
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games; the OP asked for 4x games to be available more often (ideally always), a request I fully support. It is sad to lose players who favor a fast game because it is simply not available. These games can be very intense, which is exactly what some people want... especially for holidays or corona lockdowns. It is frustrating when these don' t coincide with the whims in Hamburg.

And if it is too much for you, simply don't join them.
      I wish when creating coalition games you could choose between normal speed, 2x speed and 4x speed. I would prefer 2x speed. Also why do you need HC to make coalition games smh.
    • The 4X historical map, made available last weekend was amazing. It has been so long since the last speed event and im wondering with all this free time on my hands am I to wait again for another speed event.

Speed events are my desired game because it gives call of war the thrill, speed events tests ones capability to command under pressure. Normally it would take 2 days to build level 2 infrastructure which is insane and may be the problem why so many people leave early in games.

People of all ages play these games, many being adults who work and can only participate in speed events. Make our lives a little less stressfull by giving us what we want a 4X speed event.

BUT in the future a permanent speed event should be created.
    • For a lot of my friends and I, the quarantine is going to be over soon and we'll need to get back to work in a few weeks. Can we please squeeze in a speed round? The last all-in historical speed round was insanely fun. There was a lot more active players in the two rounds I joined compared to the normal maps I've played before.
    • Devious Rancor wrote:

4X speed on all games?????

OH GOSH, NO!!!!!

Ugh....unless you can afford to invest in High Command (HC), 4X is extremely difficult to win. You can't be online often enough. The games get out of control if you have even a decent-sized empire built up. And you can go to bed one night with a vast empire and wake up the next morning with your entire core wiped out by a crafty player with maxed out Armored Cars and a few Rockets.

No, the 4X (and faster) events are rare for a reason. A regular match doesn't last exactly 40 days. They last until a player or a team reaches the required amount of Victory Points to trigger a victory. This can occur in a matter of days. Yet this can also take as long as many weeks, or even many months.

Having a non-speed match can still be difficult when you have a vast empire that spans half the map. When you have hundreds of units — or thousands — and countless provinces with building projects of every kind and enemies on multiple borders with you having to be on a constant watch———well, having that much on a non-speed match is hard enough without HC. And I'm one of those that don't have HC and yet I'm usually in the top 3 players by the time a match has ended. Trust me, I have to spend lots of time online to do that, and I absolutely can not do it at 4X speed. Believe me, I've tried. And I've lost every 4X match I've played, even on the few times where I gave up much of my sleep and stayed online constantly.

4X speed for all games.....yeah right.....you wish!
      true
    • hwooflie wrote:

Why there are no fast games running constantly?
      I cant dedicate myself to be active for 40 days long games and join only the events where 4x speed is applied. This is the desired speed for me and many other players I play with. In the past there were 100 player equally starting world at war maps, also all countries, all in is very nice event. Why just not make constantly running games with 4 times speed and also shifting within them?

It is nicer to see the results of your actions within day or two and as well current situation keeps almost everybody at home so people have plenty of time. It would be perfect moment to bring it.

Now there is no such game available so I will not participate, unfortunately.
      No. Plus we have the 2x speed tutorial. We have events which run fast. 1939 blitzkrieg just attack from start and then it feels like a speed round

Khabarovsk krai wrote:

I hope all games run on 4xspeed
      No. what if arms race runs at 4x speed it will be a complete disaster. All nations will use there troops to kill nations in a fast amount of time.
    • GeneralAumSum wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

NOOB1433223 wrote:

make the game 4 time as slow, the slower it is the higher quality the games are
      But imagine how many inactive players that would make...
      In one game in road to war everyone except my coalition went inactive and that is how we won. If it was slower then the rest of my coalition would have gone inactive
      Yeah for some reason in road to war a lot of players go inactive
    • If cow make game 4 times as slow, at the day 4 you will see just 2 or 3 players active lol, and i don't think they will join it.
      The players of cow now search the speed time and the faster move of units, but in those game you must be more active.
      Chaos Elite domine mon grand ! :)
    • ShiNtoK wrote:

If cow make game 4 times as slow, at the day 4 you will see just 2 or 3 players active lol, and i don't think they will join it.
      The players of cow now search the speed time and the faster move of units, but in those game you must be more active.
      Yeah it would take 4 days to produce units and like imagine conquering the Soviet Union...that would take 2 months if it is 4 times as slow.
    • In my personal opinion, a 1/4x speed match is a solid idea... On paper.

Think about it: on a match that's 4 times slower, minimal activity is required, and minimal activity is POSSIBLE. So in a sense, it becomes more and more like a real battlefield. Your decisions become even more important, because reinforcements aren't coming anytime soon. If you lose a major stack of units, it will take real time to replace them. Failure or poor planning stops being an option: mistakes can cost you the game. In a slower match, you genuinely have to think about your decisions. Is an invasion worth it? Or is defending the route to go? Actions begin to have real, game changing consequences.

But there's one fatal flaw in this idea that will ruin any sort of immersion: the attention span of the player base.

Everyone craves faster gameplay, right now. Strategy is sort of thrown out the window in favor of sheer brute force: kicking a door in instead of using the key. In faster games, strategy and patience is replaced with quick thinking and improvisation. People like doing things fast, and the call of war player base is no exception.

So while I'd actually be very curious to see a 4x slower game, I'm extremely doubtful it would do well, much less into a late game. Now, I could maybe - just maybe - see a 2x slower game, but even then I doubt it would take off.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

In my personal opinion, a 1/4x speed match is a solid idea... On paper.

Think about it: on a match that's 4 times slower, minimal activity is required, and minimal activity is POSSIBLE. So in a sense, it becomes more and more like a real battlefield. Your decisions become even more important, because reinforcements aren't coming anytime soon. If you lose a major stack of units, it will take real time to replace them. Failure or poor planning stops being an option: mistakes can cost you the game. In a slower match, you genuinely have to think about your decisions. Is an invasion worth it? Or is defending the route to go? Actions begin to have real, game changing consequences.

But there's one fatal flaw in this idea that will ruin any sort of immersion: the attention span of the player base.

Everyone craves faster gameplay, right now. Strategy is sort of thrown out the window in favor of sheer brute force: kicking a door in instead of using the key. In faster games, strategy and patience is replaced with quick thinking and improvisation. People like doing things fast, and the call of war player base is no exception.

So while I'd actually be very curious to see a 4x slower game, I'm extremely doubtful it would do well, much less into a late game. Now, I could maybe - just maybe - see a 2x slower game, but even then I doubt it would take off.
      Yeah maybe they csn mske a event that is 0.5 or 0.25 speed game.