Always 4x speed games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Always 4x speed games

Why there are no fast games running constantly?
      I cant dedicate myself to be active for 40 days long games and join only the events where 4x speed is applied. This is the desired speed for me and many other players I play with. In the past there were 100 player equally starting world at war maps, also all countries, all in is very nice event. Why just not make constantly running games with 4 times speed and also shifting within them?

It is nicer to see the results of your actions within day or two and as well current situation keeps almost everybody at home so people have plenty of time. It would be perfect moment to bring it.

Now there is no such game available so I will not participate, unfortunately.
    • 4x speed is occasional because not everyone has the time to do a 4x speed match. I myself am lucky if I can log on once - let alone multiple times - per day, and 4x speed really isn't viable for me. I agree that a 4x speed option should be a little more available for other players, but not at the cost of ditching 1x speed permanently.
    • 4X speed on all games?????

OH GOSH, NO!!!!!

Ugh....unless you can afford to invest in High Command (HC), 4X is extremely difficult to win. You can't be online often enough. The games get out of control if you have even a decent-sized empire built up. And you can go to bed one night with a vast empire and wake up the next morning with your entire core wiped out by a crafty player with maxed out Armored Cars and a few Rockets.

No, the 4X (and faster) events are rare for a reason. A regular match doesn't last exactly 40 days. They last until a player or a team reaches the required amount of Victory Points to trigger a victory. This can occur in a matter of days. Yet this can also take as long as many weeks, or even many months.

Having a non-speed match can still be difficult when you have a vast empire that spans half the map. When you have hundreds of units — or thousands — and countless provinces with building projects of every kind and enemies on multiple borders with you having to be on a constant watch———well, having that much on a non-speed match is hard enough without HC. And I'm one of those that don't have HC and yet I'm usually in the top 3 players by the time a match has ended. Trust me, I have to spend lots of time online to do that, and I absolutely can not do it at 4X speed. Believe me, I've tried. And I've lost every 4X match I've played, even on the few times where I gave up much of my sleep and stayed online constantly.

4X speed for all games.....yeah right.....you wish!
    • No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games; the OP asked for 4x games to be available more often (ideally always), a request I fully support. It is sad to lose players who favor a fast game because it is simply not available. These games can be very intense, which is exactly what some people want... especially for holidays or corona lockdowns. It is frustrating when these don' t coincide with the whims in Hamburg.

And if it is too much for you, simply don't join them.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games;
      Well, it's a matter of interpretation. The OP gave the title to this thread "Always 4x speed games" which implies my point, that he wants all games to be 4X speed. If he meant only that they be available, and not the only option, I would think that might be reasonable. But it would still dilute the specialness of the 4X matches which I think are one way in which the staff makes this game more interesting for some players (even though it doesn't work for me).
    • Devious Rancor wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

But it would still dilute the specialness of the 4X matches

Well even though I understand that you will give your opinion on everything, I don't think you should argue on this. You just indicated 4x games aren't for you; and that's fine. But don't argue that they should be "special"; for a new generation of younger players, this is simply "normal" speed and they might argue that slow matches should be "special" with equal justification.

For comparison, I don't like tank destroyers and I won't build them. But do I argue to remove them from the game? Of course not; if people want to build them, that's absolutely fine with me.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • My point was to make at least one game (like world at war) running at 4x pace any time. Its impossible for me to be online for 40 days every day, but it is possible sometimes, for a week or so, to be able to log in every few hours. Then this kind of game is perfect. No need for high command at all.
      Just wondering if exchanging one of many clash of nations into one fast would be a problem for game devs. Why there is not much diversity ?
      I really call to implement it during those times. My fav and only way to play CoW.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

For comparison, I don't like tank destroyers and I won't build them. But do I argue to remove them from the game? Of course not; if people want to build them, that's absolutely fine with me.
      You're talking apples and oranges. I'm implying the differences of opinion on the speed of entire games....and that would be special if it's not the norm. But you are referring to a single element of your individual matches. That's not a good comparison.

And yes, I will offer my opinion on anything, if I feel it's needed. And I do.

I'm a wee bit dismayed to see you won't touch the Tank Destroyers. They are good for what they are designed to do, pair well with Heavy and Medium Tanks as well as acting as mobile guards with Motorized Infantry and SP-AA. But that's apples to apples, when I compare your usage preferences (or lack thereof) with my usage preferences.

Also, not to be hypocritical, I've used and continue to use almost every unit in this game in different circumstance. I'm not fond of sticking to just one or only a few unit combinations because utilizing different styles is part of the fun for me. That said, I have found the new paratroopers very worthless and the one time I built some, I didn't even find a way to make them useful as my opponents were scattered with no centralized front, making their flight needless. Also, the fact that they have to sit motionless for as long as they do is far too long. That time needs to be cut in half (I believe it's 12 hours right now?) Basically, you'd be sending a paratrooper to act as target practice for artillery. And even a single artillery can wipe out a paratrooper before it can respond.....STUPID!!!!

BUT that's my opinion (not the fact of the time, but the usefulness of it. I'm sure some few players have made it work well. Though, in the matches where I've seen others try to use them, they've never been able to deploy against me. In fact, it seems like they are only good against the Elite AI which puts EVERYTHING on it's borders and leaves a disgustingly-hollow interior, regardless of the size of the nation the AI is controlling.

Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions. I have many opinions. Opinions opinions opinions.

Khabarovsk krai wrote:

I hope all games run on 4xspeed
      Where's the "BOO" button? I only see a "like" button.....and I'm gonna pass on that!
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

But don't argue that they should be "special"; for a new generation of younger players, this is simply "normal" speed and they might argue that slow matches should be "special" with equal justification.
      Don't be so sure that the whole generation of newer players think this. Most new players think the game is too slow until they learn how difficult it is to manage a vast empire. Of course, some players don't stick around long enough to learn that lesson or they never get good enough to achieve "vast empire" status in a match. Such is their loss.

Even I used to think this game was too slow, and I'll bet you once thought so too. But it took me about 2 weeks to realize that I was wrong and I'm sure it was something like that for you, once upon a time.

It's been so long now, that I can't even hardly remember thinking that it was too slow. Yet I know I did think so, because for the first few weeks of playing this game, I think I started....and actively played in....nearly a dozen matches. Now, even when I have plenty of time to play for hours each day, I still try to keep it down to 2 or 3, though I've had 5 running together recently (although 2 were on hold, so to speak, as I had achieved super-power status and was sitting on 48% of the map while the others (all banded together) were to afraid to attack me....so I focused on the other 3 for awhile. I've since beaten one of those 3 (it was my only match of the CoW 1.5 mod) and I won that match, despite the fact that I hated the CoN aspects of the match.

As to "being special" or not, the fact that the game is established as live-time means that deviating from that will always be considered "against the norm", thus it's a special occasion (or special style of play) and can never be the "normal" format, unless they deliberately choose to forever eliminate the live-time point of playing. I can't imagine they'd do that. That's why their EVENT speed matches are special....and deservedly so.
    • Well, you are wrong... I hardly play "normal" speed games anymore except for special reasons (keeping FP status, matches against specific opponents), there are many times when I play NO GAMES AT ALL because I'm occupied elsewhere, then sometimes I play ONE speed game when I know I will have enough free time. I'm always disappointed when I DO have spare time but no event is available. I don't think managing a "vast empire" is much of a job (I almost always manage "vast empires", the 100p map is my favorite and I always play expansion on them), sure I'm no micromanager and use methods like "build tacs in all cities with a L2 airbase". You recently saw me play and should be able to confirm that's quite enough.

So yeah, to me personally, speed maps are "normal" now and regular maps are "slow". I'm 55 btw.

Paratroopers are a nice little unit and TD's still suck (TOGETHER with heavy tanks), but no more polluting this thread I think.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • hwooflie wrote:

just make constantly running games with 4 times speed
      Absolutely not. No way, no how.

It's hard enough to stay awake and active enough to cover the time as it stands. I'd rather be able to log in periodically for 3 weeks than not being able to log out and sleep at all for five days.
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • kacz wrote:

Conflict nations map x4 much better. Call of War is too slow. Please change it. Time x1 very slow.
      Time x4 should be ok.
      I think that i have to spend to much time in CoN 4 times which is what i am playing. *1 definitely is too slow but its a strategy game... so don't rush. 4* is too fast so i think 2* is best. That is why i always join tutorial which doesn't help me that much. Please give a 2* normal clash of nations
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I find that 2x speed games are quite fun. I personally am not a fan of speed games as I was worried I won't have enough active time to do anything significant, but that was until I tried the tutorial 2x speed game. It was short and thrilling, but not stressing. Like how other players pointed out, 2x is a very good compromise between 1x and 4x. Also, I have never played 4x speed games so treat my opinion lightly (but I will in the upcoming all countries all in - yemen gang).
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)