New achievements ideas!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New achievements ideas!

1: make 500 light tanks (100gold) :D :D
      2: make 100 mideum tanks (100 gold) :D
      3: make 50 heavy tanks (200 gold )
      4:defeat 10 enemey units with a railroad gun(1000 gold) 8o :thumbup:
      5: build 50 railroadguns (2000 gold)
      6:build 500 commandos (1000 gold)
      7:Build 10 paratroopers (100 gold ) :D
    • Perhaps the existing achievements could have higher levels available than three apiece. Bronze, silver, and gold isn't enough. They have an unrealistic set of levels for rankings (from Recruit to General of the Armies), and most of those levels will never be achieved by most players of this game (except for a handful of rich players who spend gobs of money on millions of Gold to buy victories left and right....like 2/3rds. of the top 20 players).

Well, if we're going to have unrealistic experience points needed to rank up to the top, then why not add equivalent rewards for those of us who refuse to buy Gold on the principle that makes unbalanced this MULTIPLAYER game. Instead of just bronze, silver, and gold medals, they need to add platinum and palladium medals, maybe also gems, like rubies, emeralds, and diamond awards. Sticking to military models, they could add leaf clusters and various specialty insignia for specialty achievements.

Here's an idea. Why not create some special achievements that can only be selected by a choice between one path and another? Similar to not being able to research all techs in most matches, there could be a choice of achievement directions that reflect your gaming styles. For example, you could have one path that emphasizes defensive units. Another path emphasizes armored units. And another path might emphasize artillery units. The way these achievements could be lined up would make for logical path choices. Like, you might never focus heavily on Aircraft AND on Navy at the same time, because that would leave your armies pathetic and you'd never win. So having an achievement that goes air-focused vs. naval-focused would steer you on that path.

Oh, and here's a cool idea. How about letting those achievement choices affect the costs for both research and construction of units and/or buildings in all your matches (just like blueprints affect all matches that you play). So, if you focus on a naval path of achievements, then naval power comes a little bit cheaper for you in your matches. The same would be true for the Manpower requirements if you went a footsoldier achievement path, where you could get a reduction in Manpower for all Foot soldiers by maybe 15%. There are lots of ways these achievement paths could be implemented....and this could spice up the game a lot better than the so-called CoW 1.5 [mod] version [which breaks the game too much].
    • You are asking them to make gold a reward ???? people BUYING gold is how these guys pay for the site, the developments, etc..

This is a business.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to spray us all with gold anytime we "play the game" but all that will do is make things more expensive as it will devalue their currency.

Maybe it will act as an incentive - sprinkle the masses with gold, get them used to using it, and seeing how cool it is, then more people will pay up and buy gold. Kinda like giving away free samples of crack in the neighborhood - keep dishing it out and get everyone hooked. Then you start selling it. Next thing you know you just seeded your neighborhood with crack adicts and are making money .........

Sure .... to avoid all the new crime, you will have to move, but no big deal, now you have all sorts of money to go live in the burbs while you spread addiction to people in the hood. It's perfect.

Bytro drug lords ........ perfect......

xxxx oh well ...........

It's like the guys who ask for "gold free games" so no-one gets an unfair advantage .......... they will never do that ........ this is a business.
    • EZM wrote:

You are asking them to make gold a reward ???? people BUYING gold is how these guys pay for the site, the developments, etc..
      I can understand the points you made above, but I have to disagree. I think achievements was a genius idea on Bytro's part. Having been around since the year this game came out, one of the BIGGEST issues was player retention. People play a couple games, get bored and leave. Now you have a system that rewards sticking with the game. I don't believe that its enough gold to drastically change any single map if you think about how much time and effort it takes to get some of these achievements. But like you said, it gives people a taste of using gold and increases the chance someone will want to buy more. I'm all for more achievements because it gives players more to look forward to accomplish.