New Fire Control Mode - Release Notes 2020-03-26

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Fire Control Mode - Release Notes 2020-03-26

Attention, generals!

Today we released a big amount of bug fixes, improvements and a new 5th fire control mode - Offensive!

The new fire control mode “offensive” will make sure that your troops stay on high alert and attack any enemy within range. When you choose this setting for a unit, it will start bombarding enemy armies, even if the execution of other orders have to be deferred. The offensive fire mode will stop movement of your units to attack enemies, but they will not attack neutral units.

The new offensive fire mode is a great addition to a general’s tool box. While the existing aggressive setting allows you to setup naval blockades and preemptively protect your coastline against “soon to be enemies”, the offensive setting allows you to move your troops where they are needed, knowing that they will protect themselves in case an enemy comes in range, but will not trigger a war by their actions.

Fire control is available to members of high command only. Membership can be purchased in the Call of War shop.

Please check the following list for a complete overview on what was released today:

General:
      • We implemented the new “offensive” fire control setting for members of High Command
      Bug fixes:
      • We fixed an issue that prevented regional filters from being visible in the province list.
      • We resolved an issue that caused embargoed commodities being available on the stock market.
      • We fixed an issue that occasionally caused an error message, when a player tried to upgrade units shortly after splitting a stack of units.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented users of the iOS app to enter dots in market offers for the stock market.
      • We fixed an issue that started an infinite loading screen on iOS and Android, when writing a newspaper article and tapping the “return” button.
      • We resolved an issue that displayed the “Washington flag” for the North USA flag on mobile devices instead of the normal USA flag.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented some historic images from being displayed for certain units.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented the “Stop” button from being displayed in the army bar when too many options were available for a unit.
      • We fixed an issue with the “Join an Alliance” pop-up that prevented its redirect from working, when clicking on “Find Alliance” or “Create Alliance” on desktop.
      We hope you will make good use of the new “Offensive” fire control setting and like all those bug fixes. We wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

Today we released a big amount of bug fixes, improvements and a new 5th fire control mode - Offensive!

The new fire control mode “offensive” will make sure that your troops stay on high alert and attack any enemy within range. When you choose this setting for a unit, it will start bombarding enemy armies, even if the execution of other orders have to be deferred. The offensive fire mode will stop movement of your units to attack enemies, but they will not attack neutral units.

The new offensive fire mode is a great addition to a general’s tool box. While the existing aggressive setting allows you to setup naval blockades and preemptively protect your coastline against “soon to be enemies”, the offensive setting allows you to move your troops where they are needed, knowing that they will protect themselves in case an enemy comes in range, but will not trigger a war by their actions.

Fire control is available to members of high command only. Membership can be purchased in the Call of War shop.

Please check the following list for a complete overview on what was released today:

General:
      • We implemented the new “offensive” fire control setting for members of High Command
      Bug fixes:
      • We fixed an issue that prevented regional filters from being visible in the province list.
      We hope you will make good use of the new “Offensive” fire control setting and like all those bug fixes. We wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Kudos to the Development Team!

You have found a happy medium in the Fire Control option that I believe should satisfy all players. While it will still take High Command Members to manage their Fire Control, the extra option should be a welcome addition to those that did not like the Aggressive Setting causing their unwanted wars.

On another note, while I did not know it was a bug, (I figured you guys just removed it for what ever reason), Thank you so much for bringing back or fixing the "bug" that gives us the region filter in Province Administration. I for one have missed that filter for a very long time.

Again, well done and thank you.

General cdub
    • I wanted to play some maps with this update before commenting as I was hesitant to believe the fire control issue had been improved.

However to my delight I would say that this fire control update has finally fixed the issue of unwanted wars and having to give every AI country right of way to avoid war. That was a annoying task at the start of every game.

Well done, excellent solution to the issue.

Now if we could double the amount of per month maps crated by high command members we would really be back to where the yearly HC membership was worth the purchase. I'm sure the Bytro team noticed all the games created when free HC was given to the players. It was really fun seeing all the different maps players created and I joined a few well named maps. Kudo's to players imagination on the way they named maps. Just wish more people chose the anonymous feature. It's nice when 4 players don't try and attack you right out of the gate because they see your rank and think, "Oh got to try and kill that guy." Ok now i'm just complaining so ill stop.

Again well done on the fire control it is a greatly appreciated update to COW.
      Call Of War All-Time Wins Leader
      Top 20 player
      Frontline Pioneer