Discrepancy in patrol range and view range for Tactical Bombers and other minor issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Discrepancy in patrol range and view range for Tactical Bombers and other minor issues

I could not see if this is a known issue, it is minor, but its obvious. My Tactical Bombers now have a vertical oval blue shade area on patrol, while the visible area in the lit up in the enemy country is a circle that is not as big. I cant tell is they will see and hit units in the blue shaded area that is not lit up with a view range. The patrol range should be fixed to match the view range or vise versa because why would they fly where they cannot see?

I have also noticed that an opponents battleships appear unguarded at range, but when you fly near them or attack, the destroyers, cruisers, and submarines (if its a naval bomber) all show up. Are battleships now identifiable at far range and don't just show up as convoy? Example- I spot 4 battleships and attack with 8 subs, but when I attacked it was actually 10 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers, 2 subs, and 4 battleships. The other example is when I came up on a lone Battleship with 5 subs, but when I attacked it turned out to be 2 Destroyers, 2 Cruisers, 2 subs, and a battleship. Why are the non-subs hidden?

Also, please get rid of the falsely lit up area caused by your borders, or else make it actually visible for at least unknown units. Thanks.
    • Hi,

your Bomber should do damage in the whole blue area. The 2 areas actually should match, the patrol area being painted in a more round circle appears to be a bug.

Troops being visible in the semi-fog is a bug, it will be fixed in an future update.

The advanced graphics mode does not display the "fake vision" around country coastlines. I recommend using that mode as the older graphics version will not get fixed in that regard.
    • Thanks for the info. The bomber patrol area in blue is oval and slightly larger than the round lighted up ground under the bombers in enemy territory.

Thanks for working on a fix for the fact that some units are identified in visible but not identifiable range. It has tricked me on several occasions as I actually run into larger diversified stacks.
    • imgur.com/a/LEVTBiU

This screenshot shows my interceptor patrolling over the boarder. The blue patrol zone is larger than the highlighted viewing area of the interceptor. Can that interceptor actually see anything in its oval blue patrol range, or am I missing seeing what is not covered by the smaller view circle? I sent the patrol to recon a border territory base on the blue patrol range, but often I come up short of getting the target in the highlighted view range. I keep an eye out for a testing opportunity, but if the view range and patrol range matched up, that would be best.