Oil - rarity and use

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oil - rarity and use

In almost all scenarios, oil is now the least valuable raw material. No one has to think about how to allocate resources anymore. There are games where the oil market costs 1.5 money. It is a pity that the authors have taken this path of simplifying and making available play for pre-school children (stupid development tree without continuity, weak economy, "improving" graphics etc ..). It is becoming a mindless application for mobile phones.
      Leave at least 2-3 scenarios for hardcore strategy.
    • Mr. Bridger wrote:

In almost all scenarios, oil is now the least valuable raw material. No one has to think about how to allocate resources anymore. There are games where the oil market costs 1.5 money. It is a pity that the authors have taken this path of simplifying and making available play for pre-school children (stupid development tree without continuity, weak economy, "improving" graphics etc ..). It is becoming a mindless application for mobile phones.
      Leave at least 2-3 scenarios for hardcore strategy.

That's it ..
      .................... sadly that is how the game has evolved ..

............. once .......................then ....................now

............................................................................................................

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Adjusting the balance of maps to increase complexity and challenge is one of the goals of the 1.5 events. I do not anticipate any changes to the balancing on standard maps at this time.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Um... what?? Have you tried playing as Tibet on the 1939 map?? You run out of oil faster than you can say Shangri-La. Yes, you can invade people, but look around you - everybody has a stronger military, and some of them have such a marginal amount of oil that it doesn't help for long.
      The 1939 Historic World War map was especially configured to offer various play options and a greater challenge for experienced players and team- or alliance games -- not for beginners or casual strategists.
      It's a special map and intentionally designed i.a. with scarce resources.
      Forces players to use more diplomacy / teamplay (or roleplay) and plan ahead much more than other maps -- can't be compared with the "normal" CoW maps.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • As far as I can tell it differs quite a bit by map.

I played a beta game recently, all the prices were like 1 - 1.5, but I think it had to do with money "production" being extremely low. So low the game was not really playable and it ended with everyone dropping out.

But I'm now playing a 1939 historical world game and the prices range from 30 to 60.