Artillery

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think that you are looking from an answer from somebody in the staff ...

Just from personal observation in my games as a player, it looks like Commandoes are the only unit that has a slight edge in the mountains. I do imagine that the -25% may be a penalty reflecting difficulty of movement in carrying and positioning artillery units? ... ?(
    • Hradecky wrote:

If we consider, logically, if an artillery is on top of a mountain, no one will be able to climb, so why is there a 25% drop in the mountains?
      It would be incredibly hard to get even a handful of Artillery on Mountains, The amount that would get on top of the mountains wouldn't be enough to make good use of the fuel, manpower and time spent getting them there. The view and possible firepower they would gain, in most cases would not be anywhere near enough it to be a effective tactic. All units have troubles fighting in mountains due it just simply being very rough terrain. artillery is no different.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • The effectiveness of artillery in WW2 had a lot to do with the ability of the Spotters being able to see targets, and call them in as well as the terrain allowing for the arc of the artillery shell path to reach the target.

Mountain terrain obstructs long view which makes the artillery less effective.