Weather

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should we add weather to Call of War? 14

The result is only visible to the participants.

Weather didn't stop just because WW II was happening. Rain could slow a march down. Or snow might.

Weather Impact Upon WWII:

Weather During D-Day: "Thick clouds resulted in Allied bombs and paratroopers landing miles off target. Rough seas caused landing craft to capsize and mortar shells to land off the mark. ... Waves were too high for landing craft to put soldiers and supplies ashore" - HISTORY

You know, I'm don't want to post 100 things! Here: warfarehistorynetwork.com/2018…/the-weather-war-of-wwii/

Quotes (to help you press "yes" on the survey):

"... Weather like rain, snow or clear sky that could for example affect units speed in small amount or plane's efficiency in the clouds." - torchfctv (Call of War legend)

"We have severely underestimated the Russians, the extent of the country and the treachery of the climate. This is the revenge of reality." Heinz Guderian (Nazi Military Advisor)

AND to all those who vote "no" on this, let's hope that your paratroopers land miles away from their target, just like on D-Day! LOL

The post was edited 9 times, last by Louisiana Boy James ().

• Instead of natural disasters which are really rare why don't we add weather on top of that. Natural disasters might happen on top of that. Try using the search function of the forum to see similar ideas posted by me and others.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Not in a million years, this is a military strategy game, not a weather sim. It's easy to predict that many players will quit the game because of foreseeable issues with the natural disaster RNG and just pure annoyance at BS new feature. This will also make luck an even bigger factor that determines who wins. Might as well play lottery, with hopes of becoming a millionaire rather than getting tilted at losing virtual units and buildings.
      Forum Gang Sergeant Major

Hanz Gunvor

Ace of Spades - Unit IV Alliance Leader
    • Louisiana Boy James wrote:

@Chimere

What are your reasons for disagreeing with weather?

?( ?( ?( ?( ?(
      I disagreed with Natural Disaster. Starting an initial vote on a first topic then editing 100% of the content of the thread down to the title is bad practice enough, CALLING OUT people for voting "no" to your people is also bad practice, but editing 100% of your thead & poll THEN calling out people for anwering "No" to a question that changed is so childish I am putting you in my ignore / block list.
    • Louisiana Boy James wrote:

Weather could drastically effect the game and make it way more realistic. Conditions were not perfect every single day of the war. That's what "Fuhrer Weather" was for!

Louisiana Boy James wrote:

What are your reasons for disagreeing with weather?

My are this:

Restrisiko wrote:

.. what value / benefit would have weather / climatic conditions in a game, where 1 day on a normal map equates to about half a year, so 1 hour ingame equals more than 7 days?

.. it would be just another, separate X-factor whether it's snowing or raining or if it's a sunny day or a moonless night, or if it's a spring-morning, summer-day, autumn-evening or winter-night at the moment when a unit / army shoots next time ..
      (and it would be an annoying, flickering graphic if weatherr would shown and every few minutes the weather and time of day would change)

.. but anyway -- all such things as for example unfavorable weather / clime, blizzards, cloudbursts, morning dew, glaring sun, full moon, abrupt night blindness, fear in the dark, fail shots, sudden engine damages or axle breaks, unpredictable very experienced opponents, ambushes, diarrhea epidemic, low morale / lack of concentration due to poor breakfast or too little sleep (or whatever), tangled fishing lines, torpedo failings, drunken officers, the afterglow (later then), arrogance mentality and underestimation of the opponent, lost lucky charms etc. are already being abstract simulated by the already existing and unpredictable great X-factor.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

Ah sorry, was I saying that out loud? Well, I'm actually counting how many times people are suggesting "weather" in some way.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • @Chimere We could all just stay peaceful here. If you voted no and do not wish to respond... then
      Display Spoiler
      Ignore the message!!!
      I would consider blocking people a childish act, because you don't have the time, too scared or too lazy to read someone's messages.

Sidenote: Blocking does not work.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader