Favorite Nation In the 100 Player Maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't think you'll get many replies since the world map has only been out for a week, but I've really enjoyed playing as the Philippines. The focus shifts to naval and air combat, and also the Philippines are fairly difficult to invade. You start with a decent amount of nearby countries and have choice on where you want to expand, but you aren't stuck in the middle and bound to be invaded like France in the European maps. You also start with a decent amount of food and other resources. The only downside is that you start with very little oil, which I don't like because I LOVE air combat and planes use a lot of oil, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for such a great nation.
    • Japan - simply for personal reasons.. I love Japan and Japanese Culture and since they are an insula, they are also easy to defend and you have to focus a lot on naval warefare (which I too love) and airplanes.
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

-= BenjB =-
    • It's too early for definitive answers but I've found myself favoring nations with a short travelling time between all their territories, or a small footprint.

Upper Volga (east Europe) and Tanganyika (east Africa), for example.

My general starting plan is to talk to everyone. Apart from that too much depends on specific country arrangement of active and articulate players.
    • Same as everyone, I can only comment on the ones I've played with:
      1. South Sudan- bullshit, land-locked, easily overrun, surrounded my player countries
      2. Western Australia - great, since you can take the whole of Australia, form a protective layer by taking all the islands around you, and then expand slowly
      3. South West Africa - medium. South Africa is easy to take with my country, but from then on I am slightly stuck
      The past is a foreign country.
    • I'm playing as California at the moment and have done quite well for myself, you start with lots of oil, iron and food production but rare materials is hard to come by, by invading the entire west coast I have managed establish a single frontline and gained the advantage over a much larger alliance of 6 maybe 7 nations all by myself.

The key, i've found at the moment is if, you are on a continent with lots of room to expand then don't even think about naval until you are finished, good diplomacy by gaining allies in every different continent can make life easier as you won't be on your own too much.
      British=best. Duh!

• I am playing as both Caribbean and Persia. In Persia I've taken over Pakistan and am invading Iraq and Syria, taking advantage of both of the countries' instability. (Yes, in a game too.) In my match as Caribbean I have Columbia, Panama, Central America, Guyana, and am invading Portuguese Ponta Degelda and Venezuela. I like my math as Caribbean best because I am required to build up a navy.
      It's been a while
    • I played 2 countries so far.

ALBERTA
      I don't like this country, it has no acces to the sea. Small AI countries nearby, but after 3 days it will be all controlled by other players. Alberta lacks the food production to become a world power, and it's in America, meaning that at some point you will have too cross the sea and be really long away from your core provinces (even with planes).

This game is the first time I just didn't invade my neighbour on day 2. I decided to wait to see what everyone else would do. Unfortunately everyone decided too slowly invade the AI's bordering me. Luckily none attacked me since they went for other AI's/ player countries after that. I comquered a neighbour who was less active, after that I conquered my other neighbour who tried a sneak attack on me. I don't have allies, they don't seem to fit me and my other neighbours have allied each others (I always spy them to get their diplomacy) and have some sizable army and country. Luckily 2 small guys attacked 1 ( and he is a gold spammer) yesterday, so I take the other one (who doesn't seem to use gold) today. I might join the litte ones later to fully surround the other. He can buy armies with gold, but he won't be ably to have the food production for 3 armies at 3 different spots. In this game I just wait what happens and take advantage wenn I can.

ROEMANIA
      I love this one. Lots of food production, shore provinces, so I can boost eco with harbours. On a huge continent, so I won't be forced to expand with a huge navy. I have 2 nearby allies and we conquer all our neighbours, expanding in all directions. Way less competition than in the other game (the other was the first world map to present on the dutch server), might become a happy end for me.
    • Out of the 3 nations I've played as; I enjoyed being Australia. Ocean access and good resources make it desirable for me. I started as either Queensland or Western Australia. Both have good resources in beginning and you are rather isolated so it gives you breathing room for development of resources. ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by wardawg8 ().

• North India, they start with a double rare province that already has an IC, that gives you a early huge income of rares which you can use to increase your production capabilities fast.

There is several small AI nations nearby you can conquer for easy expansion and they are centrally located in Asia and near the sea.

Which means you can comfortably expand in any direction such as Middle east, Central Asia or SE Asia/China or even Madagascar/East Africa without to big morale penalties.
    • Joneleth wrote:

North India, they start with a double rare province that already has an IC, that gives you a early huge income of rares which you can use to increase your production capabilities fast.

There is several small AI nations nearby you can conquer for easy expansion and they are centrally located in Asia and near the sea.

Which means you can comfortably expand in any direction such as Middle east, Central Asia or SE Asia/China or even Madagascar/East Africa without to big morale penalties.
      Cool!
      It's been a while
    • I just played as South USA, one oil and one rare province are bad because you will need boat with 3 of yours mains city's are on coast. But over supply and iron with 3 grains provinces on the coast. Lot of neighbour and coast so risk of invasion from anywere. Anyway they fun with a nice flag and New-Orleans as capital.
    • Martinskyboy wrote:

I just played as South USA, one oil and one rare province are bad because you will need boat with 3 of yours mains city's are on coast. But over supply and iron with 3 grains provinces on the coast. Lot of neighbour and coast so risk of invasion from anywere. Anyway they fun with a nice flag and New-Orleans as capital.
      I thought about doing South USA, but I picked Caribbean because I don't want to worry about defending with boats and good land units.
      It's been a while