What is the significance of share vision in an alliance?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the significance of share vision in an alliance?

I've had a frighteningly large number of people send me something along the lines of:

"let's be allies" or "friends?"

along with a share map agreement. When I accept (I almost always do, don't want to be suspicious and I have troops to keep myself from looking attractive as a target) they generally send all their soldiers in the opposite direction as though I no longer existed.

No further communication for days.

On the other hand, I've had some encounters with players I get a good rapport with and they aren't interested in share map.

What are your feelings on what share map means? When do you send that trade offer? Do you send it? When do you accept it? etc..
    • xswazse12 wrote:

I've had a frighteningly large number of people send me something along the lines of:

"let's be allies" or "friends?"

along with a share map agreement. When I accept (I almost always do, don't want to be suspicious and I have troops to keep myself from looking attractive as a target) they generally send all their soldiers in the opposite direction as though I no longer existed.

No further communication for days.

On the other hand, I've had some encounters with players I get a good rapport with and they aren't interested in share map.

What are your feelings on what share map means? When do you send that trade offer? Do you send it? When do you accept it? etc..
      Generally, I've found that share map is for people who have either met outside the game or you highly trust, people that are going to betray you, or noobs. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to meet the standards of the noobs to prevent them from attacking, but I personally do not like share map.
    • Sharing map is the only reasonable way between neighbors, however I always check skill level, army units close to my border and movements, unless its at the beginning of the game you can tell by the type of units how effective an attack would be, most noobs think that forming a large stack and sending it on a rampage is the way to go and that just plays into my kill zone plus I get to conquer them, having said that I've been double crossed only once and that was by a very high ranking player, and no he lost as I always make a few friends and then decide who is and is not reliable.