Update on the server issues on 2020-04-02

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Update on the server issues on 2020-04-02

Attention, Generals!

We would like to provide you with an update on yesterday’s server issues.

Last night between 8 PM CEST (6 PM UTC) and 11:30 PM CEST (9:30 PM UTC) players that logged in to Call of War experienced slow games, had difficulties using the shop or could not access their games properly.

The reasons we identified is the current spike in player activity in our games. We are living in special times after all and we are having a close eye on server performance, stability and reliability. After identifying the root cause of the problem, the team was able to fix the issue.

Servers are back to normal and players can access their games again!

We understand that this likely had an effect on current wars of some players so we decided to compensate all players who tried to play between 7PM CEST (5PM UTC) and 11:59 PM CEST (09:59 PM UTC) with 5,000 Gold on Monday. It will be added to the account of affected players automatically within 48 hours (starting on Monday).

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this and wish you all the best on the battlefield.

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Khabarovsk krai wrote:

Where do yer get those 5000gold from?
      See the post from Arcorian..
      ..if nobody else is there for you I will read the passage to you:

We understand that this likely had an effect on current wars of some players so we decided to compensate all players who tried to play between 7PM CEST (5PM UTC) and 11:59 PM CEST (09:59 PM UTC) with 5,000 Gold on Monday. It will be added to the account of affected players automatically within 48 hours (starting on Monday).

..but you get nothing anyway, because you slept like you say:

Khabarovsk krai wrote:

Yay I was asleep when the problem happen :)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Servers were down yesterday and they are down today again.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Yeah i'm not to happy what you did with the bots so you really need to get on top of this and fix it, it does not work i have joined a 25 player map as Germany and i attacked Poland, and France UK attacked me while me and USSR were preparing for war we have been provoking each other but we split Poland and i took Northern France while Italy took South France and after that i barely had troops because i have been getting hit with spies in all my cities but i still have been killing all there troops but i could not go on a offensive till i built a good enough army so after i took France and Poland i was still fighting Sweden and UK i spread myself thin and every single bot attacked me why like that ruined my game for real i had no troops in my homeland because i was out of resources and everyone was using spies on me i couldn't do a thing because i would have to fight Russia and this problem happened with a lot of other games to no warning no trade embargo
    • Leon The IV wrote:

Yeah i'm not to happy what you did with the bots so you really need to get on top of this and fix it, it does not work i have joined a 25 player map as Germany and i attacked Poland, and France UK attacked me while me and USSR were preparing for war we have been provoking each other but we split Poland and i took Northern France while Italy took South France and after that i barely had troops because i have been getting hit with spies in all my cities but i still have been killing all there troops but i could not go on a offensive till i built a good enough army so after i took France and Poland i was still fighting Sweden and UK i spread myself thin and every single bot attacked me why like that ruined my game for real i had no troops in my homeland because i was out of resources and everyone was using spies on me i couldn't do a thing because i would have to fight Russia and this problem happened with a lot of other games to no warning no trade embargo
      I couldn't understand a thing you said! :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash

STATS:

2 commas :wallbash
      0 periods :wallbash
      A whole lot of words :wallbash
    • Louisiana Boy James wrote:

Leon The IV wrote:

Yeah i'm not to happy what you did with the bots so you really need to get on top of this and fix it, it does not work i have joined a 25 player map as Germany and i attacked Poland, and France UK attacked me while me and USSR were preparing for war we have been provoking each other but we split Poland and i took Northern France while Italy took South France and after that i barely had troops because i have been getting hit with spies in all my cities but i still have been killing all there troops but i could not go on a offensive till i built a good enough army so after i took France and Poland i was still fighting Sweden and UK i spread myself thin and every single bot attacked me why like that ruined my game for real i had no troops in my homeland because i was out of resources and everyone was using spies on me i couldn't do a thing because i would have to fight Russia and this problem happened with a lot of other games to no warning no trade embargo
      I couldn't understand a thing you said! :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash
      STATS:

2 commas :wallbash
      0 periods :wallbash
      A whole lot of words :wallbash
      well then you need a helmet and a lanyerd