Ships that just won't die on their own...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ships that just won't die on their own...

I'm new, so forgive me if I'm wrong... As I understand it, ships always recover each day-change...

So, even if a player has lost his all his provinces (which means, of course, also his capital), they remain a viable threat?...

You know how forced march reduces a combat unit's strength 5 points per hour?... How about introducing a similar function that reduces ships (and all other remaining units) by 5 points per DAY, while a player no longer has a capital? That way, eventually, these units-without-a-nation would just die off?

(Forgive me if I've said something obviously stupid. Still learning the game.)
      But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
      Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces
      That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
    • they're only a threat if you're stupid enough to not scout where you are going :D
      since they're AI controlled/idle when the player leaves cuz he no longer has a nation they should be fairly easy to deal with
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • I'm pretty sure once all of your territory is gone, if you have no ground army remaining and no troop transports on the sea, all naval assets, I.e. Destroyers, subs, battleships, etc, just despawn. Feel free to correct me on that, but I've literally never encountered a naval warship belonging to a dead player.
    • If nothing has changed last months, then ..

.. even whithout any province and as long a player still has units he can keep playing and try to conquer new land ..

.. but the units will no longer repaired at day change due to lack of daily upkeep -- with the last province also all money, manpower and resources are lost ..

.. however if a player whithout provinces goes inactive, the AI takes over and in that moment all remaining units will disappear.
      If AI lose its last province, all remaining units disappear instantly.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().