No-gold-match

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No-gold-match

Hi

I'm looking for anyone interested in joining a game where we decide not to use gold.

EDIT To not get me wrong, I thought I explain a little what I mean.

I do use gold sometimes, so I'm not trying to go against the makers, I like the game as it is.

What I wanted was just to try a game, where everyone is equal or has the same opportunities / chance of making it through.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

The post was edited 1 time, last by wildL SPQR ().

• Players league and many, many alliances do not allow gold use. As long as it is not plastered across their profiles or forum posts that they are an anti-gold group, there is no problem. There are rules about speaking down about gold, it's use, and it's users. As long as these are followed, there isn't a problem.

As far as the possibility of official games with gold disabled, I've heard no word as to whether or not it is being looked into. My own speculation is that the gold cost to join such a match would be on the high side, though, to offset the fact that the join fee will be the only gold spent through the match.
    Free Time looks good on me
  • OK i see. Thank you.

But i have noticed there are many anti- gold spamming threads that are all still running. It seems many players want no-gold games (as i wrote, limited gold might even work better as the limits will make gold enhance the strategy of when and how to use) and are actually willing to pay extra money for this. It would seem Bytro could benefit from responding to this desire for gain. Numerous players have told me that those games play on the 'honor' system some players do cheat and here is no way to enforce it.

In similar way, i played chess for many years, went to tournaments, etc. Now i was not grandmaster, but a pretty good player. If i showed up at tournament and they made me play my games against beginners with 3-queen handicap i would not play anymore. Neither would any other good players and chess would die.

It seems to me software guys have to be pretty smart and would think they can find a way to make money without cheapening a good product or making unhappy competition.

In America they say they always make good money by supplying what people want. And ones who do it best get pretty rich here.
  • You do realize I'm American?

Fact is, there have been no leaks as to whether or not official gold disabled or gold limited games are going to happen.

As far as enforcing honor codes about non-gold games, it comes down to using a password to protect the game, only letting in people you trust, and if anybody breaks that trust, you do not give them the password for the next game; all at the same time not bashing it (the player, the use of gold, etc) in the PM system, chat system, newspaper system, diplomacy note system, the forums, or in an alliance profile.
    Free Time looks good on me