Nefarious Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nefarious Players

Ive played in only a few games but there seems to be a lot of Nefarious attacks in every game, with players that like to hit below the belt to others and not declare war, a lot of players and do so. I find this is part of the game that is very negative, and for me its the one of the biggest turn offs. People who enjoy doing this should be called for what they are.
    So I think why not have this noted in the achievment list so people know who they are playing with. Newspaper articles on this matter are not enough in my view. Call it a "Below the Belt" award or something.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gazsom ().

• What do you expect... people telling you "I will attack you tomorrow"?
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • While the name of the game is “Call” of War, this should not indicate an expectation that other players will phone ahead for a reservation before dropping by unexpectedly. ;)
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • Wow such canned solutions to an issue, thats going to fix it isnt it ?, Oh gee yes Id like a phone call before they attack and perhaps a gold invitation as well with a gold braded envelope.
    Wow yes I expected a response like those above, cause mostly I expect you do it yourself? And shows why this type of activity is condoned.
    You use Historical referances throughout this game technology and referances from Historical Leaders?, and History shows Pre WW1 & WW1 and WW2 that the DOW Neferious method was done in 1 case, and only by an error of the Diplomats concerned. not a deliberate intention, as what is being betrayed by a player. There's a big differance, this is where you guys get it mixed up.
    Back then a war without a declaration was unthinkable, and not preferable, by serious nations of the world who want the rest of the World to take them seriuosly as a World Power.
    Only terrorist organisations declare war that way, to only until today these standards the Neferious method is done.
    You are mixing todays standards as what happned historically, and then carry on like it was the norm.
    In reality I know its happens in a game, but people are suppose to be representing a World Power in this game Historically are they not? Then if the Neferious is going to be used as the norm method by a player, then it should be recorded as such and so on, there gaming Achievements as a "Below the Belt" award I would suggest.
    :)

• You forget a major difference between CoW and reallife
    COW is a game; ppl aren't gonna announce widely who they are gonna attack and for what reasons etc
    they just want more land/vp and tbh you can see most attacks coming since armies dont appear out of thin air

gazsom wrote:

but poople are suppose to be representing a World Power in this game Historically are they not?
    roleplaygames are a thing
    Teburu

GER/EN Forums
    Conflict of Nations Veteran
    I suck at COW
    idk what else to put here :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by VorlonFCW ().

• VorlonFCW wrote:

While the name of the game is “Call” of War, this should not indicate an expectation that other players will phone ahead for a reservation before dropping by unexpectedly.

I agree. After all this is a war game, similar in principle to the old 'Risk' game ... :thumbup:

I'm only on my fifteenth game. Normally in the early days I act peacefully and focus on economic development. The only exception to my recollection been in one of my early games in the tutorial where my neighbor in Finland (I was Sweden) made it obvious he was about to attack by stacking umpteen armies at the border and a large fleet by Stockholm- so, I did a preemptive strike on him.

Typically by day 2 several of the human players will attack one of their neighbors. Normally within a week about half the human players are gone. By then, I have to re-evaluate my situation and most likely will join an alliance to improve my chances of winning vs one or two other alliances. In recent months I have been doing trade embargoes before I go to war with any other country.
  • gusv wrote:

I'm only on my fifteenth game. Normally in the early days I act peacefully and focus on economic development. The only exception to my recollection been in one of my early games in the tutorial where my neighbor in Finland (I was Sweden) made it obvious he was about to attack by stacking umpteen armies at the border and a large fleet by Stockholm- so, I did a preemptive strike on him.

Yes but you have the forces ready to attack, then Declare is that right?
    Yes but you have forces ready to attack, then you declared is that right?

• IMHO there's no differnce between declaring war and THEN attacking 2 seconds later compared to just invading and thus be at war.

You know Hitler DID declare war on Poland? Just as german troops were swarming the border. That was apparantly OK in your book, but to me it's no different than Pearl Harbour where no DoW was given by the attacker.