CoW Mobile Mode Vs. Desktop Mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoW Mobile Mode Vs. Desktop Mode

Dear CoW team,

There are several small but very annoying differences when playing Call of War mobile version when compared to playing on desktop mode and i would like to bring these to your attention.

From what I have noticed so far, the mobile version and the CoW game app both run very smoothly when compared to the desktop version and for this I give two thumbs up! But you may be asking yourself, if this is true why do more people prefer the desktop mode if it is slower, crashes more, and is overall sluggish? Well the answer is very simple:

The mobile version does not show important/detailed information that the desktop version does show. Though most of these are minor inconveniences, they still take away very important aspects and information of your game.

1- Materials totals are not specific: The mobile version will show your materials totals rounded off. example mobile version will show your metal total is at 9K and the desktop version will show 9,800.

So why is this detail so important to gamers? well when you are like myself and do not depend buying gold to win, you need as much detailed information as possible to stay ahead of the gamers that do like to over take you with gold purchasing. If money is in short supply and all i need is a few hundred metal to build a factory (10,000 metal total needed) than i can go to the market and simply purchase the needed 200 metals to complete this task. However on the mobile version, you have to blindly keep buying material until you see you have hit that 10K mark and if money is low than this could be a waste of time and money.

2 - Materials production per hour does not show on mobile version: For example, desktop mode will show your food production at +166/h or if you have neglected your economy it could also show as -166/h. The mobile version simply does not advertise this information.

Much like above, this detailed information can be important when trying to stay ahead of potential enemies. If cash is in short supply and i cannot purchase the materials needed i can guess as to when i will have enough material to move forward with building units or buildings. For example: If produce +100/h oil, i have 0 in stock and i need 1,000 to build tanks, i can guess that it will take 10 in-game hours or about 1 or 2 real life hours to procure this amount, thus keeping my better informed when to move forward.

3 - The Province list on mobile version Vs. Province list on desktop mode:

The province list on the mobile version has two tabs an "overview" tab that shows materials in that province and a "buildings" tab that shows what buildings are in that particular province. The problem? when your in overview tab, you cannot see what buildings you have. When your in buildings tab, you cannot see what materials are in the province.

Why this is a problem? I am constantly having to go back and forth between the two tabbs to build things such as factories to increase the materials or in order to create new units. very annoying. lol

Second problem: The desktop province has an option that allows you to select all provinces. The mobile version does not.

So why is this detail important? Simple, when you are in the later stages of a game and have conquered half of the world, it saves you time from having to click each individual province and giving orders.

Example: Let's say you have taken over half of world, this can be anywhere from 50 to 1,000 different provinces depending on which map you are playing. Now if need to give building orders to all of these provinces on desktop mode, you can simply select all the provinces with just one click and select the units you want to build; the provinces that are capable of building your units will build and the provinces that cannot simply lay idle.

ON MOBILE MODE: for the above example on mobile mode you will have to go through your entire list of provinces, choose the provinces that can build that specific unit need one by one. As mentioned if you have hundreds of provinces to pick through, i can be time consuming and annoying. lol

These are the main reasons I choose desktop version or mobile version. If anyone has anymore to add please feel free to comment.

To the CoW team, thank you for your continued support and the chance to play such a great game for FREE.

Thank you and best regards,

Peachez

P.S. everyone please stay healthy!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
    • Hello, Some of the complaints you have are actually in the mobile version of the game too.

Peachez wrote:

Materials totals are not specific: The mobile version will show your materials totals rounded off. example mobile version will show your metal total is at 9K and the desktop version will show 9,800.

So why is this detail so important to gamers? well when you are like myself and do not depend buying gold to win, you need as much detailed information as possible to stay ahead of the gamers that do like to over take you with gold purchasing. If money is in short supply and all i need is a few hundred metal to build a factory (10,000 metal total needed) than i can go to the market and simply purchase the needed 200 metals to complete this task. However on the mobile version, you have to blindly keep buying material until you see you have hit that 10K mark and if money is low than this could be a waste of time and money.
      If you click the resource at the top say food you will given the exact amount of food stock you have, the hourly production, daily production and daily consumption. This is the same for all resources. This goes for number 2 as well.

Peachez wrote:

The desktop province has an option that allows you to select all provinces. The mobile version does not.
      There are two ways of selecting several provinces, One is through the province list i will go through that one first. When you go into the province list you can freely select and a province by clicking anywhere on it, Like where the buildings are or the resources, From there all you need to do is click the other one. So if you want you can filter your provinces by industrial complex then start tapping where it says the VP's and select several provinces at once.

The second way is by staying on the map, once you have one province selected go to another province you wish to select and then tap and hold on the province, After a few seconds let go and you will have both provinces selected. A thing to note with this one is if there is a army where you are trying to tap and hold you will more likely select the army instead, its better to try where is no army or at least no army nearby, zoom in if you need it will help.

So while you still cannot select all provinces in one click to my knowledge it is definitely a improvement over doing it one by one.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Thank you Dante,

Yes you are 100% correct per your below, but I was referring strictly to the mobile version is not advertising this information freely like the desktop version is doing. This problem is only minor inconvenience when you compare mobile to desktop versions.

Dante Bugler1 wrote:

If you click the resource at the top say food you will given the exact amount of food stock you have, the hourly production, daily production and daily consumption. This is the same for all resources. This goes for number 2 as well.

For below, I'm not sure what you mean by "where it says VP's".... on the mobile version, i do not see the "VP" option/ button. I have checked the both the "overview" and "building" tabs but could not find anything that states "VP" anywhere.

Could you possibly provide a screen shot?

Dante Bugler1 wrote:

So if you want you can filter your provinces by industrial complex then start tapping where it says the VP's and select several provinces at once.

Thank you!
    • Peachez wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "where it says VP's".... on the mobile version, i do not see the "VP" option/ button. I have checked the both the "overview" and "building" tabs but could not find anything that states "VP" anywhere.
      The VP's i was talking about is simply the Star mage in the overview, It will be to the right of the manpower and resources.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Thanks for the feedback on the mobile version! Some of the things you mentioned are on our list for improvements. I can't tell you when we get to do those improvements, but we have it on our plan to improve the mobile version further. Some things have to be a compromise though, as on mobile we have limited screen space, so we cannot just show all info on one screen.