Unit experience and weather to affect combat specs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit experience and weather to affect combat specs

I noticed that the unit specs in the game keep track of how many units have been killed by that unit. Does this in any way affect their combat performance? I think it should be a benefit. I think it would be more realistic if an experienced unit fought against an unexperienced unit, there would be an advantage in favor of those with combat experience. The "green" unit would be more likely to collapse under pressure and retreat or surrender. I wonder if this is already a feature request, or if anyone has discussed it already? Along a similar line of thought, we might also factor in the weather, in similar fashion as the terrain is accounted for, with combat bonuses or handicaps. The weather could of course be randomly generated, within limits for a given terrain (not much rain in the desert, etc.) but it should definitely have an impact on the outcome of battles, as it did in reality. It is just an idea of mine, that is all. Just wondering if this is something worth considering to be implemented. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you!
    • With the current game mechanics, I agree...artillery would have more kills than anything. So, that brings up the point, then...what I am asking for, I guess, is a new aspect to game mechanics. It would have to be more than just number of kills determining experience bonuses. It could be weighted average depending on (among other things) time in service, battles engaged, type of unit, and also number of kills. I understand that might be too complicated for the developers to work through...as they have more important things to do.