Favourite Drink?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Damn haha what an absolute madman. I can finish 700ml of vodka but I certainly won't remember much of it past the 3/4 mark lol. I would never dream of drinking 2 litres.

On a different note, I'm quite enojoying this red haired slut I made myself. Quite tasty! I'll definitely be having a measure of peach schanpps solo after it as well, never drank it before this red haired slut and it's mixed in that.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• @Quasi-duck, for you ----

The Corpse Reviver No. 2

The Ingredients:

A good absinthe (here, St. George Absinthe Verte), Cocchi Americano (or Lillet Blanc in a pinch, since Kina Lillet is no longer made), a good London dry gin (here, Plymouth Gin), Cointreau (no substitutes), and fresh lemon juice (bottled stuff is bad).

Your Tools:

A Hawthorne strainer, fine strainer, lemon squeezer, sharp paring knife, cutting board, Boston shaker set (tin and pint glass), jigger, and eyedropper.

The Mix:

Pour one measured ounce (~30 ml) of each main ingredient (Cocchi Americano, gin, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice) into the shaker glass.

Add Ice:

Add good quality ice (not that stinky stuff that's been sitting next to your frozen liver) to the shaker. Place the shaker tin over the shaker glass, with a firm pat for a good seal. Vigorously shake, using both hands, for 10 to 12 seconds.

The Absinthe Rinse for the Coupe:

Add an eyedropper of absinthe (~2 or 3 ml) to the coupe glass, and rotate the glass to evenly coat the inside of the glass as close to the rim as you can get without spilling any. There should be no visible liquid in the bottom of the glass after completing the absinthe rinse. If there is excess absinthe, flick it out in the sink.

After shaking the main ingredients in your Boston shaker, fine strain the drink through both the Hawthorne strainer (held over the mouth of the shaker tin) and through the fine strainer (held above the coupe). The final drink should be well chilled, but thanks to the double straining should have absolutely no lemon pulp or ice shards.

Voila! Slainte!

When you drink the Corpse Reviver No. 2, you're drinking a little bit of cocktail and literary history. It was invented by an American bartender in exile during Prohibition in 1920s Paris, and it was a favorite of the American ex-pat literary crowd at Harry's New York Bar in Paris, including Cole Porter, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, and Ernest Hemingway.

When I was a young bartender in college and grad school, it was one of my favorite cocktails to make, and it's still one of my favorite cocktails to drink when there's a competent drink-slinger behind the bar. Elegant, tart, with a slight touch of sweetness and bitterness, background botanicals from the gin, and a slight anise bouquet from the absinthe rinse. It is one of the best balanced cocktails I've ever had -- bar none. (And that includes the "Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster," for you Douglas Adams fans.)

Cheers, mate.
    • I'm only 13 so I don't drink alcohol products, my mommy told me not to. But I love my mommy's hot chocolate. I accidentally drank a teeny sip of bud light and it tasted HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Word to the wise, don't drink it.
      Images
      • 26D3AE57-49C7-406F-A329-0BDCE85B77F0.jpeg

280.68 kB, 940×1,132, viewed 112 times
      • 9160114A-6126-4B67-8A75-590ABC707954.jpeg

380.5 kB, 1,411×1,137, viewed 109 times
      • 1754C337-05CB-420C-B917-30665174610C.jpeg

239.94 kB, 1,083×1,149, viewed 111 times
      Men you have fought like lions, and have been led by donkeys.
      General Erwin Rommel
      A good plan violently executed now is a better that a perfect plan executed next week.
      General George Patton, Jr.
    • revengegirl wrote:

i don't like the taste of alcohol.
      I like a lot the taste of alcohol ... But I'm allergic to it- could not stop drinking if I drank the first one. So I wound up throwing up and passing out with a big hangover all the time I picked up a drink of alcohol ... Thus, I had to stop drinking over 22 years ago ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

revengegirl wrote:

i don't like the taste of alcohol.
      I like a lot the taste of alcohol ... But I'm allergic to it- could not stop drinking if I drank the first one. So I wound up throwing up and passing out with a big hangover all the time I picked up a drink of alcohol ... Thus, I had to stop drinking over 22 years ago ... 8)
      I think that alcohol is overrated imo. I don't get the popularity of it but hey we all got different preferences.
    • I have tried all of these and they are a nice choice.

Black Russian Number 3:
      Vodka, Kahlua, Orange, Orange slice, on ice

The Cool Kid:
      1 Part tequila, 1 part Vodka, Sprite.

The Godfather:
      Scotch & Amaretto

Hot Afternoon
      Peach Schnapps, Kahlua

Bourbon & 7up is a good choice if one cannot decide what to have.

Lemon infusions tea works well.

Coke Zero with Margarita.

Tyskie beer is best on a hot afternoon.
      Images
      • tyjtyjtyjty.jpg

16.06 kB, 343×343, viewed 88 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().