Favourite Drink?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Favourite Drink?

I hope this doesn't breach some type of community standards, apologies to the staff if it does.

My favourite drink is probably Malibu. It's pretty expensive though so Guinness is on par with it. Though Beamish is on par with Guinness for me since Guinness tastes a little bit nicer, but in pubs Beamish is dirt cheap compared to Guinness.

My question to everyone else is, what's yer poison?
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Haha, you're asked what is a poison for a reason my friend. Sadly your whiskey tongue is far more developed than mine :( I just drink cheap whiskey if I ever get it, which is rarely. I tried bourbon once but it was too strong for me (taste wise not % wise).

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I never really drink iced tea but when I do I usually have to add sugar. I bet it would be a good mixer though. However my buddy mixed vodka and normal tea once and that was revolting. It may have just been the sugar content but I'm not sure.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I never really drink iced tea but when I do I usually have to add sugar. I bet it would be a good mixer though. However my buddy mixed vodka and normal tea once and that was revolting. It may have just been the sugar content but I'm not sure.
      Peach iced tea has sugar in it! Like its sweet, even my nephew says so! And he is just 9. That means that you should manage!
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Yeah the amount of sugar it has in it means it will be good a mixer lol I am just wondering about the taste clash. I remember one time I was given sugar free energy drink to use as a mixer instead of the normal stuff.... I had to pour sugar in by the tablespoon haha.

• A lot of smart people here staying awake from the drink haha. My favourite non-alcoholic drink would probably be some type of fruit smoothie, I love those things.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

My favourite drink is probably Malibu.
      Seriously, Duck, Malibu flavored rum? How old are you?

Here's an adult cocktail for you to try:

Corpse Reviver No. 2
      1 part good gin (e.g., Plymouth)
      1 part Cointreau (i.e., not cheap triple sec)
      1 part Cocchi Americano (or Lillet Blanc)
      1 part fresh-squeezed lemon juice (yes, fresh does make a difference)

Serve in a coupe glass with an absinthe rinse. No garnish.

The Corpse Reviver No. 2 is one of the smoothest, easiest sipping cocktails I've ever made or drank. Easy to make as either a 3 or 4-ounce drink (or using metric measures) because it's an equal parts cocktail (and easy to remember). And the drink has a great history -- google it.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Seriously, Duck, Malibu flavored rum? How old are you?
      I just don't drink many cocktails haha.

MontanaBB wrote:

Corpse Reviver No. 2
      1 part good gin (e.g., Plymouth)
      1 part Cointreau (i.e., not cheap triple sec)
      1 part Cocchi Americano (or Lillet Blanc)
      1 part fresh-squeezed lemon juice (yes, fresh does make a difference)

Serve in a coupe glass with an absinthe rinse. No garnish.
      Sounds tasty but expensive haha. Sadly it's not easy getting absinthe over here lol. Went to have a look for it online, the site I went to is mostly out of stock. I might go into the shops and buy a selection of spirits and start mixing at home.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Sadly it's not easy getting absinthe over here lol. Went to have a look for it online, the site I went to is mostly out of stock. I might go into the shops and buy a selection of spirits and start mixing at home.
      Unless you're drinking absinthe straight, 2 or 3 ounces at a time, a 750 ml bottle (a "fifth") should last a good long time. An absinthe rinse for a Corpse Reviver No. 2 or a Sazerac (the Old Fashioned of New Orleans) requires about 1/16th of an ounce, or a full eye dropper. You can make a lot of absinthe drinks. LOL

And, yes, I used to bartend when I was in college and grad school.

If you want to try a really good rum, try Smith and Cross out of London. Jamaican distilled, London blended, aged and bottled. Fabulous stuff for $30 for a 750, probably a lot cheaper for you. Smooth, but with that typical Jamaican rum funkiness. Or, if you're just looking for a good mixing rum, try Mount Gay amber rum from Barbados. Not cheap like Bacardi, but your head will thank you for it in the morning. And if you like rum drinks, start with a Classic Daiquiri (no blender required) or a Dark 'n' Stormy.
    • Hmm I might buy some of those online, not like I've much else to do right now but drink haha. I'll see what stuff we have in the shop I work in tomorrow, might pick up a few gins and rums. I am a fan of mixing vodka with fruit juices, they are quite tasty. Might pick up some 7up too. I've pretty only much had rum and coke tbh.

A Ukranian guy have me a recipe for honey vodka that I've been making to make, haven't done it yet it sounds delicious though. It's an old type of drink over there and takes a week to make haha.

• Ping me back when you have time. I'll have some suggestions for drinks, and what base liquors to buy for a starter bar. Try not to buy a lot of the same type of spirit, unless you plan on drinking the same thing all the time.

I also got my L2 sommelier certificate when I was bartending, so I know a little something-something about the grape, too.
    • Haha you truly are a man of culture, Montana. I got my work contract extended for one month so idk if I should blow a pay check on drink and just not buy any for ages or what. I will say I'm not much of a sipper so I'm unsure about spending a good bit on drink haha.