Manpower Rework

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kinany wrote:

Your second point is wrong check history ....lend lease program...

"Your decision, Mr. President, to give the Soviet Union an interest-free credit of $1 billion in the form of materiel supplies and raw materials has been accepted by the Soviet government with heartfelt gratitude as urgent aid to the Soviet Union in its enormous and difficult fight against the common enemy – bloodthirsty Hitlerism," Stalin wrote to Roosevelt.
      The first convoys with American goods were already being sent to the USSR by August 1941.
      More than 14,000 U.S. airplanes, 8,000 of which came from Alaska, were given to the Soviet Union in the course of the war.
      The USSR received a total of 44,000 American jeeps, 375,883 cargo trucks, 8,071 tractors and 12,700 tanks. Additionally, 1,541,590 blankets, 331,066 liters of alcohol, 15,417,000 pairs of army boots, 106,893 tons of cotton, 2,670,000 tons of petroleum products and 4,478,000 tons of food supplies made their way into the Soviet Union.

Here is a quote from a Russian general about the program...

"Now they say that the allies never helped us, but it can't be denied that the Americans gave us so many goods without which we wouldn't have been able to form our reserves and continue the war," Soviet General Georgy Zhukov said after the end of WWII.
      "We didn’t have explosives, gunpowder. We didn’t have anything to charge our rifle cartridges with. The Americans really saved us with their gunpowder and explosives. And how much sheet steel they gave us! How could we have produced our tanks without American steel? But now they make it seem as if we had an abundance of all that. Without American trucks we wouldn’t have had anything to pull our artillery with."

it was suppose to be repaid in 5 years and never was.
      First, kinany thats how america works

Quasi-duck wrote:

Luka George wrote:

I believe that the way manpower works in Call of War, is not only inaccurate and not realistic, but also straight up unfair.
      I have too points I would like to bring up, first being that if manpower represent the amount of drafted men, an Infantry division consists of 10 thousand to 20 thousand men, not 1300. As for tank divisons, they usually consisted of a couple thousand men, not 600.
      Multiply by a factor of ten and see what you come up with as a result.

Luka George wrote:

My second point is this, one of the reasons the Soviet Union was able to fight the Germans so effectively in the second world war is because of the sheer amount of men they had. I have played as the Soviet Union in the Historic Games and found that I often had manpower shortages, which never happened in the actual world.
      This game is more arcade than a historically accurate ganme. You should play the Blitzkrieg map if you want a more accurate game, but it still "suffers" from balancing. I prefer it this way tbh, especially since some maps are random choice sometimes.

Luka George wrote:

-Division not eating up manpower after they're produced.
      What do you think KIA, MIA and WIA are?

Luka George wrote:

-Countries having various starting Manpower (Soviet Union: 20M, Germany: 6M)
      Unfair advantages which lead to game imbalances. Only possible in matchs like the Blitzkrieg map.

Luka George wrote:

would create certain tactics to be more effective to certain types of countries.
      When I read to this point I think you would be better suited to reading a book than playing a game.

Overall you have some good ideas but most are just taken too far or are dumb.
      yes you need to consider these ideas but with moderation

Killer8282 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Killer8282 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Killer8282 wrote:

In most games, I never have manpower problems. In fact, I usually have too many, but you can’t sell them. The only game where I had manpower problems was when I was UK in 25p. I think a lot of people have manpower problems in that one.
      Well, I usually have manpower problem in 100 players map as I leverage my economy like crazy and have so much steel / goods that for infantry / AA / Arty / AT my limit is infantry.For instance here day 18-19 :rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?…32309/page-3#post-6633943
      You know that you can build barracks to increase manpower, right?
      Yes, +10%/+30%/+50%, after that the maintenance cost of the barracks starts to be steep after level 1A city in your core bring around 1000 manpower a day, a normal province 160.
      A city not in your core brings around 250 manpower a day, a normal province 40.

So barracks level 3 in a non-city core or in a city not in your core brings +120manpower a day, so every 5-7 days you can get one more ground unit for some 7K to 10K food in barrack maintenance + barracks building cost. No way it is a good strategy, even if short in manpower.

Long story short, it is only worthwhile to build baracks (level 3 barracks) in your 4 core cities, and that brings you + 2000 manpower total a day, for 4 800 food a day + building cost. That's why I do, and I still run out of manpower.
      What map are you talking about and what country?
      yea barracks maintance needs to be tweaked
      May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t. George S. Patton
      Forum Gang Sergeant
      8)
    • Killer8282 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Killer8282 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

100 players map - Tibet for instance. Check link.
      Hmm... That's interesting. I never had any problem with manpower in 100p maps. Can you tell me your troops style? Like do you use a lot of infantry? Tanks? Planes?
      Again, check here:rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?…32309/page-3#post-6633943

It depends on who I play. With Tibet which is oil-poor, I have to play infantry.

If I had been Nigeria or South West Africa or another oil rich country, it would be different.
      Try to balance it out between the tanks and the infantry. Meanwhile, produce more planes.
      I reached zero in oil... I am not looking for advice either, I won that game with no gold.

Clearly you don’t have experience with 100p games with countries that start with one icon of oil.

Long story short, manpower can be a limiting resource.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chimere ().