Double refueling - why?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Double refueling - why?

Refueling planes is APITA already - for the impatient ones of us.
      What really annoys me is when the planes do a double refueling. And I haven't figured out why they sometimes do that: Just as the refueling cycle is done and I'm like 'yes, ready to strike!', then it starts a second refueling cycle. And minutes tick away as the enemy pummels my forces ||
      Why does this happen?
    • The only thing that I can think of is that the first countdown you are seeing is actually the time it takes to return to the airbase before refueling can start, and then you start the actual refueling time, followed by the outbound flight timer.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

The only thing that I can think of is that the first countdown you are seeing is actually the time it takes to return to the airbase before refueling can start, and then you start the actual refueling time, followed by the outbound flight timer.
      There's usually no such timer on the return, is there? I mean the timer IS the refueling, or?

I'm having trouble reproducing this. Probably because I'm not aware of the conditions that created it. But we'll see.
    • I found the problem. I guess it's an unforseen combo af actions that causes this.

If I have a plane enroute to an airfield and I then add a mission to carry out after it has arrived (e.g. patrol), then it will refuel twice.

If I just send the plane to the new airfield and wait untill it has refueled, I can go on patrol immediately without an extra refueling!

So I guess it is just 2 branches of air plane missions in the coding, that both have a refueling task in them, without checking if the plane has already refueled?
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I found the problem. I guess it's an unforseen combo af actions that causes this.

If I have a plane enroute to an airfield and I then add a mission to carry out after it has arrived (e.g. patrol), then it will refuel twice.

If I just send the plane to the new airfield and wait untill it has refueled, I can go on patrol immediately without an extra refueling!

So I guess it is just 2 branches of air plane missions in the coding, that both have a refueling task in them, without checking if the plane has already refueled?
      We have tested this and have been unable to duplicate this as a bug using these instructions or anything similar.

Whenever a plane is involved in a direct attack there is a period of time that occurs to account for the return trip from the target to the airbase, and then refueling will occur. I believe you are confusing the countdown until the plane returns to base as the refueling countdown.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I found the problem. I guess it's an unforseen combo af actions that causes this.

We have tested this and have been unable to duplicate this as a bug using these instructions or anything similar.
      Whenever a plane is involved in a direct attack there is a period of time that occurs to account for the return trip from the target to the airbase, and then refueling will occur. I believe you are confusing the countdown until the plane returns to base as the refueling countdown.

A return time displaying a refueling symbol?

This still doesn't change the fact that I get different wait times depending on whether I q my orders or not.

Anyway, as I wrote to begin with, this only happens sometimes. If you can't reproduce it, it means I'm overloking some factor. Or that there is a random factor involved beyond my control.

I will observe again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoobNoobTrain ().

• I dig this up because it happened again.

I had an interceptor and 2 strat bombers returning to an airfield. The interceptor had made an interdiction, the strat bombers were returning after a patrol.

Landed at the airfield, they merged to one fleet. Upon finishing their first 30 mins refueling, the refueling symbol re-occured and another cycle of 30 minutes had to pass.

It should be mentioned that this particular game was also hit badly by the out-of-control long distance flights bug (seems fixed now).