Oh, those special COW moments that deserve a screenshot . . .

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Killer8282 wrote:

Wait...why is Hamilton terrain HILLS? It should be Mountains! No literally I live in a valley with mountains on all 4 sides.
      that sounds pretty damn cool.
      Men you have fought like lions, and have been led by donkeys.
      General Erwin Rommel
      A good plan violently executed now is a better that a perfect plan executed next week.
      General George Patton, Jr.
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Bah, you Upper Canadians call those things mountains? Those mountains would be wee hills here lol
      Haha... Its funny that upper Canada is actually not upper. Toronto is upper Canada. Lol
      Yes that is true, and Hamilton is EVEN FURTHER SOUTH than Toronto, soooo...
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • Hey, Hosers.

I'm just a geographically ignorant American. Most of us think Canada is a state. But you know the historical reason for referring to Upper and Lower Canada as such, eh?

It's because "upper" Canada was further up the St Lawrence River valley from the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Atlantic Ocean. Since I know a little Spanish, French and Latin (and a little history), I suspect that the expressions Upper and Lower Canada were imported into English from French, because in Latin and Romance languages, geographical regions or provinces were often named "upper" (or higher) for those further up a river valley, closer to its point of origin, and "lower" for those further down the river valley, closer to its delta.

Sort of like Baja California, which literally means "Lower California" in Spanish.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Hey, Hosers.

I'm just a geographically ignorant American. Most of us think Canada is a state. But you know the historical reason for referring to Upper and Lower Canada as such, eh?

It's because "upper" Canada was further up the St Lawrence River valley from the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Atlantic Ocean. Since I know a little Spanish, French and Latin (and a little history), I suspect that the expressions Upper and Lower Canada were imported into English from French, because in Latin and Romance languages, geographical regions or provinces were often named "upper" (or higher) for those further up a river valley, closer to its point of origin, and "lower" for those further down the river valley, closer to its delta.

Sort of like Baja California, which literally means "Lower California" in Spanish.
      Oh, I never knew that. Interesting...
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
    • Killer8282 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

It isn't historically accurate and not precise in any way
      Also Hamilton is Canada’s top producer of steel, so why doesn’t Hamilton produce steel, even in the historical map?
      Because the devs don't research the city Hamilton. :( ;( BTW, your signature is oversized and is that a real Winston Churchill quote?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Killer8282 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

It isn't historically accurate and not precise in any way
      Also Hamilton is Canada’s top producer of steel, so why doesn’t Hamilton produce steel, even in the historical map?
      Because the devs don't research the city Hamilton. :( ;( BTW, your signature is oversized and is that a real Winston Churchill quote?
      Yes it is real search it up. ;)
    • I find it very sad Hong Kong produces very little goods in 25p Historical Map... and most importantly, it looks NOTHING like HK.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • MontanaBB wrote:

@Ryan04px2025, this screenshot [Post #14] is from that alternate future timeline in which the Dominion of Canada took political control of the former republic of the United States of America, and an English-speaking Capt. Jean-Luc Picard of the British-dominated Anglo-French Commonwealth attended Star Fleet Academy after graduating Eton . . . .
      Looks more like the alternate future in which USA had to move everything north to flee the effects of Global Warming. So sorry Canada. ;)