Who else plays/ed Conflict Of Nations?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Who else plays/ed Conflict Of Nations?

I much prefer the CoW to CoN. And not that I don't like the WW3 scenario, its just the game feels inferior to CoW. Every time I login I want to get out ASAP, while I can honestly spend hours looking at CoW even if I made all possible commands and can only wait. Anyone else share this opinion?
      Forum Gang Sergeant Major

Hanz Gunvor

Ace of Spades - Unit IV Alliance Leader
    • I played it years ago so my experience is not friesh in my head or on the actual game itsekf due to updates. However I remember the map being skewed at a horrible angle which made it terrible to research as well as building and researching units being a major pain in the ass and expensive which made the game much more unenjoyable due to it sucking.

30K was a great game however and I am sad it is no longer playable.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Did you ever play 30 Kingdoms?

I played it briefly just before it was shut down. I only played one map and lost, so I guess I wasn’t addicted enough.

I noticed some of the country names of 30K got used in the Dawn of the Patriot event map here on Cow. It is a nice homage.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

No, I haven't. I don't think that's a Bytro game though.
      30K was originally a Bytro game using the S1914 game engine more or less. 30K was sold to Dorado and used as the basis for CON. As 30K failed to attract sufficient revenue it was sadly discontinued in early 2018 I believe.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I played it briefly just before it was shut down. I only played one map and lost, so I guess I wasn’t addicted enough.
      I barely played it as well but it was a fun game. It just never really caught on, I think. Ut was also kind of crap but because afaik it was made after CoW but they used the S1914 style forum (which is absolutely crap). That was also another big factor to me tbh, a good forum is important.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• VorlonFCW wrote:

30K was originally a Bytro game using the S1914 game engine more or less. 30K was sold to Dorado and used as the basis for CON. As 30K failed to attract sufficient revenue it was sadly discontinued in early 2018 I believe.
      Ahhh. That makes sense. I never started looking at other Bytro games until last year.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

research as well as building and researching units being a major pain in the ass and expensive which made the game much more unenjoyable due to it sucking.

DoctorDR1 wrote:

I used to play CoN, but I didn't really like the graphics. Plus, it made my internet really slow.
      Exactly that even now, I tried it this week. The UI is very bad and the whole map freezes and glitches when moving around it, the unit positions and movements are laggy/buggy, and just terrible unit/building art style... etc

Hanz Gunvor

• Quasi-duck wrote:

even after years I still come back to CoW.
      Same, got mad after two games where I got nuked by goldies who ruined my K/D and province stats so I quit but returned after a year. Played throughout last summer and quit again only to come back last month.

Hanz Gunvor

• Hanz Gunther wrote:

Same, got mad after two games where I got nuked by goldies who ruined my K/D and province stats
      If you ever see a gold player just dump your army out in the middle of the ocean and quit. I don't bother playing with gold players but I enjoy mkaing them waste their money. If you see one follow these simple steps:

1. Sigh
      2. Send you army into the middle of the ocean
      3. Archive the game
      4: Join a new game

• Well yes, I have played CON for 2 years, I became to that game addicted too at that time xD It was pretty good game tho, had good memories there... But y'know, battles against huge gold users way too hard lol, also It was harsh to take enemy islands, you couldn't get them with normal units and etc. ... That's some reasons why I prefer CoW to CON... But as I said, it was pretty good game~
      "Another day in Forums..."

-TCKartalMapper-
      (Forum-Sergeant)
      (CoW-Level 62-Staff Sergeant)

"Peace in home, Peace in the World"
      -M. Kemal Ataturk
    • TCKartalMapper wrote:

Well yes, I have played CON for 2 years, I became to that game addicted too at that time xD It was pretty good game tho, had good memories there... But y'know, battles against huge gold users way too hard lol, also It was harsh to take enemy islands, you couldn't get them with normal units and etc. ... That's some reasons why I prefer CoW to CON... But as I said, it was pretty good game~
      Lots of details in it. :) Pretty cool!
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader