About the world map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About the world map

ok this is just going to be quick and easy, i'm busy with a lot of things at the moment and haven't played let alone get updated about the game for a week and by the look of things here it will be 2 weeks of no CoW for me so my question is: what are the countries in the world map that is playable? im expecting an answer from one of the mods or someone really who knows, i dont have the time to play a game and since only 2 games are open at a time i want to join on day 1, im guessing i will be presented with a long list, but i thank you to whoever answer me.

i really miss playing though, if only my schedule open up
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I think it depends a bit on your play style, but I like Romania. After I started on my first map as Alberta I looked around for a better country. A good country for me has lots of food production, and is on the biggest continent, preferably with a descent defendable position for the first week.

So... Romania has a lot of food production (4 food symbols), 2 provinces (oil and food) as shore provinces. It's on the big continent, avoiding you to being forced to invest in a big navy if you want to cross the ocean. Italso keeps you fairly save from not being attacked on 2 shores at the same time (this can happen in the america's quite easy). Plenty of countries nearby too conquer.

If you are lucky you can find 1 or 2 good allies nearby too cooperate with. Like conquer Europe, lock down the street of Gibralter, Suez and after continue towards Azia and Afrika. I doubt it's possible to go solo and get enough victory points, so I suggest teaming up (the inhabitants of the conquered lands may eat more food than their provinces with the 25% production penalty might be able to produce) .