Effective use of Air Power

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Effective use of Air Power

I have seen a number of posts touting the power of using stacks of Tactical Bombers. In my Experience they are easily lost even to non AA units. Has anyone explored the use of Tactical Bombers in patrol mode vs direct attack? I personally can take a lighter attack value if my aircraft have a better chance of survival.
    • Experienced players only use patrol and rarely direct attack.

Observing the SBDE limitations and creating stacks of 5 planes of each type and patrolling them in the same location is very effective.

the best thread on effective use of planes is here:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ng-some-in-decent-damage/
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • If you are losing your tac bombers untis to non aa units then your most likely not stacking your bombers you wanna stack bombers to make it work 5 interceptors and 5 tac bombers is the best as stacking any higher would reduce dmg efficiency but if your opponent stacked for example stacked 30 units then you also want to stack your 10 tac bombers and 10 intercpetors or you can send 3 or 2 stacks of 5 interceptors and bombers.

As for direct attakcs and patrol mode generally patrol mode is much better as you can damage mumtiple units in the patrol area after but also patrol mode is much more time efficient as direct attack you have to fly back and refuel and most of the time it won't kill the units while patrol mode you don't need to refuel and also after you take out the units in the area you can patrol another area without the need to go back to refuel also when using patrol mode you won't have the threat of having your bombers be taking out by the enemy rocket or the enemy bombers units