The Falkland islands or the Malvinas?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Falkland islands or the Malvinas?

Do you think the Falkland Islands belong to Britain or Argentina. 19
        Great Britain owns the Falkland islands. (18) 95%
        Argentina owns "The Malvinas" (1) 5%
      We all know about the Falklands war and the terrible loss of life that ensued, we also know us Brits thrashed the Argies into surrendering. What I want to know is what the public opinion on this forum is. Do you think the Falkland islands belong to the UK or Argieland.
      British=best. Duh!

• Despite territorial proximities, the population of the islands voted to remain. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland…ereignty_referendum,_2013
      The Islands also have their own constitution, and after the last invasion, it doesn't seem like a good idea to invade a bunch of islands, the population of which voted overwhelmingly to want to belong to a different power.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Falklands wants to stay British. we have to respect their freedom, as a pillar of democracy, and defend them from argentina. But i doubt argentina will try anything since we (im British btw) are not only more powerful but we have the backing from the US and EU (pretty much the world) on this matter.

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • Kalantigos wrote:

Despite territorial proximities, the population of the islands voted to remain. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland…ereignty_referendum,_2013
      The Islands also have their own constitution, and after the last invasion, it doesn't seem like a good idea to invade a bunch of islands, the population of which voted overwhelmingly to want to belong to a different power.

Thanks for that info Kal, I had no idea. It also makes me think that a war wasn't worth over a group of islands of 1,500 people. BUt since @comrade dave and @Ellio_98 are British, they should be able to tell me. What the hell does the UK take out of the Falklands to make them profitable?

comrade dave wrote:

And now RAF mount pleasant is a thing, I don't see that stupid woman who runs Argentina try anything like 1982 again.
      Lol, Kirschner is horrible, yeah.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

what the hell does the UK take out of the Falklands to make them profitable?
      Well we dont really get anything from them, we just have a duty to protect British nationals all over the world. If the government abandoned them it would have disastrous effects on public opinion of the government and cause unrest. Also I would like to note that recently oil has been discovered and extraction planned/starting. But that was discovered after the conflict so it a minor cause for our defence.

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • Well, the Argentinian Soldiers were told that they were going to defend some of their territory when they were sent to the Falkland Islands. Upon arrival, many of the soldiers asked themselves if they were the defenders, or the invaders, due to the overwhelmingly British culture and what not present on the Islands. So, I'd say it very much so belongs to the British.
      “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” ― Colin Powell

"Dang it global." ― SniperDragon142
    • comrade dave wrote:

There's a pretty good documentary about the falklands war and one Argie soldier picks up a nail and on the head it says "Made in England" Said soldier then starts to ask himself who is the invader.
      Sorry for a late reply, but that's the documentary i was referencing in my last post.
      “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” ― Colin Powell

"Dang it global." ― SniperDragon142
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Argentina, bloody hell! It's closer to Argentina than to the UK, so they're Argentinian. The Malvinas are one of the remnants of British imperialism (which was good at the time, but it's the 21st century).
      The citizens of the Falkland Islands voted to be Britishers,is democratic and respectable.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • The citizens of the Falkland Islands voted to be Britishers,is democratic and respectable. But geographically, The Malvinas is Argentine.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• xswazse12 wrote:

On that logic, I'd say Canada better get ready for some freedom, as they are geographically part of the US.
      Canada should be of US.

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Errrr, no?

Canada has its own culture and laws, and is one of the top players in the world stage right now.
      Canada would have to be American.

• comrade dave wrote:

Canada wouldn't at all. Your government is restricted from doing so by the "Freedom=Bombs* policy.
      Canada will end up being from United States.