Helping Allies with Shared Map (poll added, please vote)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Helping Allies with Shared Map (poll added, please vote)

Should the share map option allow you to attack enemy troops on your allies territory 9
        Yes (8) 89%
        No, leave it like it is. (1) 11%
      I did a search and didn't see a thread addressing this so I apologize if I missed it somewhere. I am allied with a province in a world map and of course we have the share map option selected. He is being invaded by another province and I want to try and provide air support (tac bombers) to assist him in fighting off the invasion. But when I try to target the troops in his province I get the "may provoke war" message. To me it seems like a waste to have such a option as share map but not be able to help him defend his lands? Is these a way around this besides just patrolling above his area?

It would seem that the mechanics of this relation need to be changed so that one can assist their allies against a common enemy.

Edit: Added a poll to hopefully help garner support for this change.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Undermin3d ().

• Try patrolling above the troops. Most effective if squads of 5 patrol a route with radii partially overlapping.
      The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan(DRA) was founded in 1978 through a coup d'etat. Certain Muslim factions rebelled against the new government, and per the DRA's request the Soviet army deployed forces to the area.

Even now, in 1984, the Soviet's 40th Army and the self-proclaimed "Mujahideen" are still engaged in bitter conflict.
    • I was just giving a temp solution. This is obviously a problem. At least the back up plan stops reinforcements too.
      The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan(DRA) was founded in 1978 through a coup d'etat. Certain Muslim factions rebelled against the new government, and per the DRA's request the Soviet army deployed forces to the area.

Even now, in 1984, the Soviet's 40th Army and the self-proclaimed "Mujahideen" are still engaged in bitter conflict.