Anti-armour infantry unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anti-armour infantry unit

Can a new anti-armour infantry unit be added to the game? It should be as easy to produce as regular infantry (lvl 1 barracks & industrial complex, same time or tiny bit longer, i.e. 20 hours over the 19 1/5 hours), but a little more expensive to produce ($1000 rather than $750 for infantry) and same with the goods (1000 goods). It would be a bit weaker against the infantry class but more powerful against the armoured class, not as powerful as AT unit though. This new unit should have significant strength bonus in urban (+50%), forest (+25%) and mountain (+25%) terrains. But be weaker on the plains (-25%). More needs to be explained to have it balanced and not be pointless given the AT unit, I don't have time right now and will do later this night or tomorrow. So please voice your opinions.
      Images
      • Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-671-7483-29,_Reichsgebiet,_Soldat_mit_Panzerabwehrwaffe.jpg

57.17 kB, 800×508, viewed 0 times
      • outdoorhub-n-amazing-world-war-two-pictures-from-the-finnish-wartime-photograph-archive-2015-09-29_15-48-24.jpg

417.83 kB, 1,200×848, viewed 0 times
      • a-piat-projectile-infantry-anti-tank-in-action-at-a-firing-range-in-tunisia-19-february-1943-na756-1511814227.jpg

22.88 kB, 480×241, viewed 0 times
      • T5tLYmh.jpg

48.5 kB, 751×540, viewed 0 times
      • russian-with-panzerfaust.jpg

399.94 kB, 1,500×1,045, viewed 0 times
      Forum Gang Sergeant Major

Hanz Gunvor

Ace of Spades - Unit IV Alliance Leader
    • Jacques Thomas wrote:

It's called an Anti-tank.
      It's terrible against infantry 1 of and 2 def until lvl 5 and even then its only 1.5 of and 3 def, has a strength penalty in the mountains and first two lvls travel slower than infantry unit, needs 750 iron and costs $2000. It makes sense to have the new unit as it has advantage in the 3 terrains due to mobility and ability to camouflage/hide better than a big multi personnel operated AT gun.
      Forum Gang Sergeant Major

Hanz Gunvor

Ace of Spades - Unit IV Alliance Leader
    • I don't understand why you'd expect an 'anti-armor' unit to be good against infantry.

Furthermore, tanks already have severe maluses in urban and mountainous terrain. A unit specialized in combat versus a unit you shouldn't be seeing in the first place...eh..

Regardless, just my opinion on the matter; I'll let others voice theirs.
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Do you really mean full regiment of bazooka armored soldiers would be good idea? Something with 0,5 damage vs Infantries and 3 damage vs armoured?

We have already bazooka men in our common Infantry regiments. That is why Level 4 Infantry has damage against armoured 2 off and 3 def. instead of 1.5 and 2.3 of level 3...
    • Hanz Gunther wrote:

Can a new anti-armour infantry unit be added to the game? It should be as easy to produce as regular infantry (lvl 1 barracks & industrial complex, same time or tiny bit longer, i.e. 20 hours over the 19 1/5 hours), but a little more expensive to produce ($1000 rather than $750 for infantry) and same with the goods (1000 goods). It would be a bit weaker against the infantry class but more powerful against the armoured class, not as powerful as AT unit though. This new unit should have significant strength bonus in urban (+50%), forest (+25%) and mountain (+25%) terrains. But be weaker on the plains (-25%). More needs to be explained to have it balanced and not be pointless given the AT unit, I don't have time right now and will do later this night or tomorrow. So please voice your opinions.
      Also, design advice. They are 4 (land) terrain categories in the game. If you give a bonus in all, the base value are pointless. Better to take one one terrain as the staple (say in your example Forest & Mountain) and then give +25% in Urban and -50% in plains ^^.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chimere ().

• The only real "tank busting" infantry units in WW2 were German and Russian, and they were an adhoc defense cobbled together out of desperation, not as a planned for unit, early in the war for the Russians, and late in the war for the Germans. In general, anti-tank weapons were incorporated into the base infantry unit, just as LMGs and mortars were.