More graphics issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NoobNoobTrain wrote:

An in that context: why is there ZERO feed back on all these graphics bugs? (see the bunch of bug threads now). It's a major one. At least a statement would be in order, I think.
      Fixing a bug is not simply like flipping a light switch. In all cases data is gathered and analyzed. Patterns need to be found and evaluated. Testing and replication needs to be done to determine when the bug occurs and the specific conditions required. There are many variables due to the multitude of browsers, apps, devices, operating systems, and settings that are used. Once this data is analyzed only then is it possible to evaluate which bug out of several needs to be worked on first, and which ones can wait until later.

As data is still being gathered and evaluated on some issues it is not possible to give an estimate of when they will be fixed. Some issues such as the bug you posted here have been evaluated and are in fact already scheduled to be worked on.

When it comes to prioritizing which bugs get fixed first naturally the ones that affect the most players or the ones that affect the function of the game are a higher priority than the ones that affect the looks of the game. Each bug takes time to fix and as with all things time is a finite resource.

Display bugs in particular are often unique to specific browsers or devices. As such they take longer to identify and they also take longer to fix as a fix has to be crafted for this certain co dictions without disrupting the conditions for other devices, and this causing another bug.

Bug fixes are applied frequently, sometimes daily to the beta servers and frontline pioneers test these fixes for additional problems. On approximately a two week cycle these bug fixes are released to the general servers as an update. This development cycle means that most of these display issues will be a part of the game for a minimum of a month.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

An in that context: why is there ZERO feed back on all these graphics bugs? (see the bunch of bug threads now). It's a major one. At least a statement would be in order, I think.
      Fixing a bug is not simply like flipping a light switch.[snipped all this that I think the average game knows]
      You missed my main point. This is the first time anyone informed that the problem has been acknowledged (and in a way yet you do not).
      The real bitch here is not that we don't know what gets done when, but that there was no indication if this problem is being looked into. At all.
      This isn't just any bug, you know? Today all my AT looked like fighters. Yesterday my RRG were destroyers and my naval bombers were doubled. Planes and vessels are inacessible much of the time for either being invisible or not at the location that is shown. Movement paths show up like pointing in all directions so you don't know if the unit is going or coming. This is far beyond a simple graphics problem and should not happen in a 5 year old game!