Account Pushing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Account Pushing

Is this still not ok to do? I am in a game (Operation Supremacy) where there can only be 1 winner, and 4 members of the same Alliance joined. Two have been defeated, but two remain. Intel reports show massive amounts of goods being traded to the larger player, for only positive relations in return. As I read the rules against Account Pushing, this seems like a textbook case.

I just reported this round a second time, I did get a response from my first report on 18 APR that it would be looked into but nothing since. Do the rules need to be updated?

Thanks
  • Account-Pushing:

Account-Pushing can be defined by the following events:

• Should Player X ask/invite other players into a game with just the sole intent to aid in killing off / kamikaze into his enemy, will be considered account pushing.
    • Should Player X ask/invite other player with the intent to have them trade Land/Resources/Troops to Player X, will be considered account pushing.
    • Should players join a game with the intent to influence the outcome and aid Player X will be considered account pushing.
    Note: Contrary to the past account pushing does not apply to a certain date of joining, and is defined as solely joining to aid another user not to play the game.

Players that violate this rule will be removed from the respective games.

Above from the CoW Rules link, sorry if I confused anyone
  • If you've reported these players, a GO will look into it. It may take a bit more time than usual since, right now, a lot is going on with these most recent updates.

Evidently there have been some changes to privacy laws, so I'm not sure how (or if) they notify you of their decisions on the matter.
    Jacques Thomas
    Game Operator
    EN Community Support
    Bytro Labs | Call of War
  • Thank you much JT!

As I'm sure you can imagine, this is ruining the game experience for all of us in this round, as this is so blatantly a violation. I just wanted to keep banging the drum as these players might wipe most of us out before we get some kind of resolution. I hope it doesn't turn any away from this game, I will continue to play I just want rules violaters held to account. Appreciate the note!!!
  • Alright sorry to beat a (hopefully) dead horse but I pulled my intel reports from yesterday, and there are 13 separate trades of max resources received (IE 30,000 food) for Share Map. 13 trades.....all for Share Map....all giving one player the max amount of resources per trade.

Come on, this is the stuff that turns people away from playing. As this is an Event Map at 2x speed I wanted to get this info out there asap, as this round will be done soon. And I unfortunately cannot counter these 2 players working together for much longer.

Cheers all you who like a fair fight!!!
  • Due to privacy laws specific cases can not be discussed in public, or with other players. All reports are investigated and procedures are followed in each case.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • I disagree that all such transfers are 'pushing' often I will ask a player who is getting killed to send me their resources so the enemy cannot get. I call it a Scorched Earth Policy and seems like a logical approach. Much like stripping your land as the enemy advances and transporting stuff to the far away place.
  • EZ I agree with you on that point. I started this thread as 4 members of the same Alliance joined a winner-take-all map, so they are trying to boost one of their own members to the victory. All the trading I mentioned was just an example of what they are doing. The main concern is the last of the 3 examples of Account Pushing as per CoW rules:

Should players join a game with the intent to influence the outcome and aid Player X will be considered account pushing.
  • VorlonFCW,

Can you at least give a timeline? My first response from a Mod was 18 APR. I am still fighting 2 members of the same Alliance in a winner-take-all map, and this is upsetting as it seems an obvious Account Pushing situation. I would really appreciate some sort of reference for a timeline, or a heads up that the situation will continue - especially as I have had to spend a bit of gold just to stay alive.

Any words of advice; any information; any updates?

Appreciate your help
  • I'm sorry, what? I wasn't making any sort of point.

I'm just interested in reading the laws associated with it. I'm not terribly familiar with the new privacy laws there and haven't been really successful in locating the one(s) in particular that apply here.
    Jacques Thomas
    Game Operator
    EN Community Support
    Bytro Labs | Call of War
  • Jacques Thomas wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find this privacy law? I'd surely like to read it.
    gdpr-info.eu/

JonestJose wrote:

Can you at least give a timeline?
    I am not able to share any details. An investigation such as this can take time as certain conditions need to be satisfied to prove a theory. If you have not yet provided all the details which make such a conclusion obvious to you , or you have additional information to add to your initial report you may certainly reply to the game operator handling the case and provide this additional information. Reports that are brief and very slim on details make the job of the investigator much more difficult and require that the investigator spend much more time investigating. Complete details that are easily verified can greatly decrease the workload on the staff resulting in a speedier resolution. Be aware that they are not allowed to comment on that additional information of course, or discuss any specific details with you pursuant to the privacy laws linked above.

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• Thank you indeed VorlonFCW. Given your advice, I gave the Game Operator enough information to quickly resolve this issue. For transparency purposes for this community, here is my issue:

I joined an Event Map - Operation Supremacy. In this game, there can be only one winner. Which made it odd that 4 members of the same Alliance all joined. None of those 4 have ever attacked each other; I managed to wipe out 2 of them. The remaining 2 control an entire continent, with one much smaller than the other. Making it odd the larger would not just wipe out the smaller player to get more resources etc.

Even more troubling is the intercepted data revealed by spies. The remaining 2 players are communicating with each other, in a language other than English. This implies they may know each other in real life. That is a huge red flag and goes to greatly strengthen the Account Pushing violation. In addition, one is feeding the other vast amounts of resources, only to receive Share Map as compensation.

I left out identifying information to not violate any privacy. I will keep the community informed on whether or not any action is taken in this case. And as I learn more I will share information.

Does the community think this a violation of Account Pushing or what??? Thanks.
  • So many big words in this discussion. The way I've always seen it, if a player takes his multi or a friend with the intent to funnel resources to a main country that is account pushing. If a country is destroyed halfway through the game and decides to give his oil to his ally, I see that as a normal function of the game. But alas, as Mr Mod has said before... There's an investigation to be done, and that could take time depending on the order received.
  • Personally that looks like account pushing to me. I don't think its fair when people of the same alliance enter a game to gang up on everyone. And the funneling resources seems like it fits what not to in the rule book. But maybe staff can see something else we don't. And it could possibly be within some kind of grey area of the big book o' rules. You said its been 8 days of waiting and that could be due to the fact that a lot of people are home now. More people playing means more people are having issues.