Alliances in Public Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliances in Public Games

I've searched and found mixed results.

Can an alliance join a public round with a predetermined team and plan and be within the rules?

For example, five members of an alliance join a 100p with country selection and steam roll the entire continent within the first three or four days (thus gaining an extreme advantage over the rest of the planet) while the rest of us are forced to rely on trying to form diplomatic connections in tumultuous regions once the match has already started?

I mean, these guys have K/Ds and Capture ratios in the dozens. :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance,

JT
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • JT,

My understanding of the rules is that an Alliance can join any game, except event maps where there can only be 1 winner. That would be "Account Pushing" where they ensure one of their own is the winner, which might still be a rule but doesn't seem to be enforced.

For standard maps, it is supposed to be ok for an Alliance to join, as long as they don't violate one of the "Account Pushing" rules, which again don't seem to be enforced. One big grey area, I don't know the real specifics. Hope this helps.

JJ
    • I agree. So far in the umpteen games I have played, I go by myself any time I enter a game without having any idea of who I'm going to run into.

I often play In the 39 historical map, and I often see an alliance formed in the first day the game by folks with above average skills- holding 3 superpowers in Europe (often any 3 of Russia, Germany, UK, Italy and France). In one instance I saw that three players were in co-hoots and did not form the alliance until the end of the week. But it was obvious that they ganged up on others that came in independently. It seems that they quickly take over most of Europe in the first week. Some folks call that wolf packing.

That is why I play most of my games I stay outside of Europe. And when I do play in Europe, I have chosen countries on the edge (e.g. Italy, Spain, Turkey and I was thinking of trying Sweden) and carefully observe the actions of all my neighbors ... 8)
    • Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm going to archive the round. I see no way to actually compete. It will just be an inevitable slaughter, just as it was for those unfortunate souls who started in the same hemisphere with them.
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Alliance members can join a game together and form a coalition.
      As long as they aren't targeting a specific player across maps there is violation of ToS.

Offcourse, as said by JonestJose, account pushing and wolfpacking (meaning following and targeting a specific player across maps aka wolfpacking) are strictly against the rules, and can be and should be reported.
    • There is no restriction on players working together towards a common goal, regardless of them knowing each other before the start of the map or not. While some people have this suggestion which essentially is to forbid people from ever playing together again once they have played a map together, that is not a game rule.

JonestJose wrote:

JT,

My understanding of the rules is that an Alliance can join any game, except event maps where there can only be 1 winner. That would be "Account Pushing" where they ensure one of their own is the winner, which might still be a rule but doesn't seem to be enforced.

For standard maps, it is supposed to be ok for an Alliance to join, as long as they don't violate one of the "Account Pushing" rules, which again don't seem to be enforced. One big grey area, I don't know the real specifics. Hope this helps.

JJ
      Simply knowing another player within a map does not constitute account pushing, neither does other forms of diplomacy such as peace deals or non aggression pacts. There is definitely not a rule that players of the same alliance are held to a different standard of behavior and are prohibited from creating peace deals and non aggression pacts. Account pushing rules are very specific and all rules are applied equally, regardless of people having a status of "in" or "out" of an alliance relationship.

As you have disrespected my staff over this through several threads JonestJose, please direct any further dissatisfaction with my staff to me privately.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<