I hold my money untill the graphics bug is fixed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I hold my money untill the graphics bug is fixed

Second part of my last game was messy because of some glitch introduced in the last update of the game. AT sometimes showed as destroyers, ships as tanks and planes as trucks etc. Also, ny planes would go invisible and enemy units would be displayed instead of mine. Stuff like that really makes it a pain to play a game with lots of units and hot combat situations. :wallbash

So I'm not buying HC untill this has been fixed. I'm taking a break from the game meanwhile. Too bad CoW, it's a fun game, but this is too much. And so is Bytros silence about the bug.

Hoist the flag when it is done, will you?
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Second part of my last game was messy because of some glitch introduced in the last update of the game. AT sometimes showed as destroyers, ships as tanks and planes as trucks etc. Also, ny planes would go invisible and enemy units would be displayed instead of mine. Stuff like that really makes it a pain to play a game with lots of units and hot combat situations. :wallbash

So I'm not buying HC untill this has been fixed. I'm taking a break from the game meanwhile. Too bad CoW, it's a fun game, but this is too much. And so is Bytros silence about the bug.

Hoist the flag when it is done, will you?
      I’ve noticed this too.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • I am quite sure that this was posted as under investigation previously. Currently this has been upgraded to reproduced and taskified. I am also quite sure that you have read my post on the process to fix bugs and you are aware that the process involved does take time.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I am quite sure that this was posted as under investigation previously. Currently this has been upgraded to reproduced and taskified. I am also quite sure that you have read my post on the process to fix bugs and you are aware that the process involved does take time.
      I saw your post in my thread, but not anything more than that (I was unable to find any section called 'investigation'). In any case it doesn't change the fact that atm. the state of the game is unsatisfactory for advanced play. And a bug like this should not appear in a game this mature - 5 years and all. That's alarming. So my statement above simply means that I will wait and see if it is fixed before I reconsider spending money on CoW.
    • BTW, I have continued to play my current game with the original CoW 1.0 graphics simply because they are what I am accustomed to, but I too have noticed a number of display anomalies over the last several days, including the following:

1. Aircraft units on patrol will visibly "disappear" when given a new command. They are still there, and can be immediately re-visualized by using the zoom in and zoom out functions. Minor annoyance, with an easy work-around, but clearly a recurring bug,

2. Phantom aircraft units (usually, a duplicate of a real unit on the board) will appear in the extreme upper lefthand of the game board, sometimes even when the game board has been moved such that the phantom aircraft unit is actually off the lefthand (western) side of the map. Again, a minor annoyance, but clearly a weird and recurring bug.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

BTW, I have continued to play my current game with the original CoW 1.0 graphics simply because they are what I am accustomed to, but I too have noticed a number of display anomalies over the last several days, including the following:

1. Aircraft units on patrol will visibly "disappear" when given a new command. They are still there, and can be immediately re-visualized by using the zoom in and zoom out functions. Minor annoyance, with an easy work-around, but clearly a recurring bug,

2. Phantom aircraft units (usually, a duplicate of a real unit on the board) will appear in the extreme upper lefthand of the game board, sometimes even when the game board has been moved such that the phantom aircraft unit is actually off the lefthand (western) side of the map. Again, a minor annoyance, but clearly and weird and recurring bug.
      This is the bug that is supposed to be fixed now.
      Can you confirm it?
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

MontanaBB wrote:

BTW, I have continued to play my current game with the original CoW 1.0 graphics simply because they are what I am accustomed to, but I too have noticed a number of display anomalies over the last several days, including the following:

2. Phantom aircraft units (usually, a duplicate of a real unit on the board) will appear in the extreme upper lefthand of the game board, sometimes even when the game board has been moved such that the phantom aircraft unit is actually off the lefthand (western) side of the map. Again, a minor annoyance, but clearly and weird and recurring bug.
      This is the bug that is supposed to be fixed now.Can you confirm it?

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Sounds like Freezy et al. will have to take another look at the code...
      Sorry for late answer, but what Montana describes there is a different bug.

What we fixed a week ago is unit graphics being mixed up completely (e.g. airplanes becoming artillery)
      Would be interesting if the same problems with phantom aircraft appear with the new graphics version as well. (nowadays we dont really prioritize fixing the old version very much...)