Latest update(s) has lots of bugs !!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Latest update(s) has lots of bugs !!!

Hi Guys,

Your last couple of updates have introduced, but is probably not limited to the following bugs... and I am disappointed … and with this many, I am not creating a separate thread for each bug … not my problem. I am a programmer and would be fired for releasing something with this many bugs, especially since some stop game play (like the trading issues)

Trading
      • Cannot buy from market... says Trade Accepted but no money gone and no resources received
      • Cannot accept trade from other players … similar issue (which I also noticed others have reported
      Air Units
      • Air units disappear in flight … the little number showing unit count is still there
      • Air units quite often will simply not take off and no "arrival time" is shown, so it's not a display issue
      • Air units stopped attacking enemy units, even though they were still in range and not eliminated
      • Air units quite often are slow to show they are in the air, take off "sideways" to the target … this never happened before
      Ground Units
      • Ground units cannot set multiple targets without clicking off and back on the unit ... it used to work that when first target was set, the menu would refresh immediately, and expand to include Forced March, Add Target, Stop, etc. without doing this.
      Game Lag
      • All Non-Tutuorial games have significant lag (which I reported a couple of weeks ago) … and now it has gotten worse. I am on a Win10 PC, with high-speed ethernet, so stop trying to blame it on my Wi-Fi !!! (which is also high-speed, btw)
      GeneralWhy do you have Report Bug on the settings menu? You simply answered my email saying to report it on the forums.. Okay, No Problem.. EXCEPT you didn't include my original email in your reply!!! Meaning I had to remember how I described the bug details all over again.

Suggestion: ROLL BACK THE LAST 2 UPDATES until you fix the bugs !!!!

A VERY Disappointed,
      :( Amanda :(
      (Amanda61 in-game)

EDIT: Just noticed that you fixed the bug that prevented air units from landing on moving carriers .. without forcing them by hitting Stop

The post was edited 1 time, last by Amanda61 ().

• Amanda61 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Your last couple of updates have introduced, but is probably not limited to the following bugs... and I am disappointed … and with this many, I am not creating a separate thread for each bug … not my problem. I am a programmer and would be fired for releasing something with this many bugs, especially since some stop game play (like the trading issues)

Trading
      • Cannot buy from market... says Trade Accepted but no money gone and no resources received
      • Cannot accept trade from other players … similar issue (which I also noticed others have reported
      Air Units
      • Air units disappear in flight … the little number showing unit count is still there
      • Air units quite often will simply not take off and no "arrival time" is shown, so it's not a display issue
      • Air units stopped attacking enemy units, even though they were still in range and not eliminated
      • Air units quite often are slow to show they are in the air, take off "sideways" to the target … this never happened before
      Ground Units
      • Ground units cannot set multiple targets without clicking off and back on the unit ... it used to work that when first target was set, the menu would refresh immediately, and expand to include Forced March, Add Target, Stop, etc. without doing this.
      Game Lag
      • All Non-Tutuorial games have significant lag (which I reported a couple of weeks ago) … and now it has gotten worse. I am on a Win10 PC, with high-speed ethernet, so stop trying to blame it on my Wi-Fi !!! (which is also high-speed, btw)
      General
      Why do you have Report Bug on the settings menu? You simply answered my email saying to report it on the forums.. Okay, No Problem.. EXCEPT you didn't include my original email in your reply!!! Meaning I had to remember how I described the bug details all over again.

Suggestion: ROLL BACK THE LAST 2 UPDATES until you fix the bugs !!!!

A VERY Disappointed,
      :( Amanda :(
      (Amanda61 in-game)
      I have noticed at least half of these issues too. :(
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • Amanda61,

Your in game report was not about a bug, but about a feature that you would like to see added. Features such as you requested are directed to the forum as that is a way for all players to participate in the creative process. For bug reports such as these today using the in game bug report function does allow us to investigate them easier in most cases.

Thank you for the detailed list. Some of these are known and some are due to lag or your connection, Let’s go through them.

Trading : this sounds exactly like you are not properly connected to the server. On desktop you will see your server connection arrows in motion in the lower right corner. Your client is operating with no connection to the server at all.

Air units invisible: known in some graphics modes. This bug is related to the update this week and is being worked on.

Air units not taking off- arrival time comes from the server, so this indicates you are not connected to the server and thus orders are not being processed.

Air units stopped attacking - this one I don’t understand actually. I suspect that you lost connection to the server here as well. If you observe this occurring again please describe it in greater detail.

Air units display “sideways” or their motion is inconsistent is also a bug with this weeks update that is being worked on already.

Ground units not showing the add target or other buttons after an order isn’t a recent issue, it does show more often with lag in the connection.

The current Game lag is a product of high server load and high internet traffic in general. Given the myriad of possible congestion points between your device and the servers this is simply a part of the current global situation.

So from your list two of those issues are related to the update this week, two are due to lag in the connection, and two are due to you not being connected to the server at all.

For the ones dealing with lag or connection issues please clear your browser cache, close, and restart your browser to establish a good connection to your server. Whenever you notice orders not being followed observe the server state connection icon in the lower right corner and check the message by placing your mouse cursor over it.

For the two that are actually bugs: Thank you for your bug report. This is a known issue and we are already working on fixing it. Unfortunately I won't be able to inform you personally when it will be fixed but you can be sure that we are trying to resolve this as fast as possible. Please excuse the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • DoctorDR1, VorlornFCW,

Okay, so generally speaking, since you are both claiming lack of server connection/synchronization, it sounds like you need to fix your servers. These things have never happened before and my connection, as I've said before is HI SPEED ETHERNET with a VERY reliable provider. You are starting to sound like typical corporate IT staff... it's always on the user's end … even when it's not. I have been programming and trouble-shooting for over 30 years. I know the difference between connection issues and actual bugs, and I always logout (and sometimes even restart my PC), before considering something a bug.

BTW, the one about air units stop attacking, yeah, I had logged off and came back an hour later to see that it had stopped, so no lag issue there, right??? I mean the game keeps playing (obviously) even when we are not connected.

I'm sorry if I am starting to sound rude, but it's a bit frustrating being told it's things that I know that it's not.

IDEAS:
      1) Have you recently upgraded/patched your servers ??? I know this can often cause unexpected performance issues. I have been working for fortune 500 companies and government contracts for nearly 10 years now, and the one thing they always did was have a server "clone" to test ALL features of software after patching the servers. Yes, this quite often took 2-3 weeks with a team of testers working non-nonstop. I was on a contract with FEMA about 18 months ago (39 applications... 11 public-facing websites/20 intranet apps/8 desktop apps). We had a server patch that quite literally froze our servers, regardless of configuration. That's an extreme example, but you see my point.

2) Might I ask what language are you using? I mostly use VB/C# dotNET, and have used Java on occasion. I also know that upgrading/patching add-on classes can also introduce bugs Also, "fixing" a bug in my own classes has introduced unexpected new bugs. i.e. TEST, TEST, TEST !!! BEFORE releasing updates, LOL

Amanda
      • Amanda,

As an IT professional I am sure you are aware just how many nodes there are on the internet between your device and our servers. Congestion at any point is still congestion. There are times of peak server load and times of peak internet traffic which may also affect the connection. As I mentioned the connection indicator is built into the lower right corner of the desktop screen and by observing the behavior or even clicking it to refresh you can diagnose these difficulties without making assumptions.

if you return to the game and the you found the air units not attacking, my assumption is that the order to attack was not actually transmitted to the server. checking the connection indicator or verifying that the server gives you an arrival time are ways to see if the order is being processed.

As I have said, there were two display issues in this weeks update, these did go unobserved in both the alpha and beta testing phases prior to release. Generally most bugs such as this affect certain platforms and not all. For example there is one button that doesn’t work properly for people who have not updated their iOS version in the past 2 years, that is a bug that escaped all testing as well.

The rest of the things you call bugs are due to a slow or complete lack of connection between your client and the server. With the special events this week running each day I surmise this may have led to a higher server load which does lead to more lag. Such lag can lead to tabs of your browser not updating properly while they are in the background especially, and so when you switch back to it, the server and your display are out of synch. This is part of the challenge as a browser based game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Also, another change that I think came on the 4/7 update... air unit launched at the same target a minute apart (in most cases this causes more damage than a single combined run) … when they return to base, their refuel time for the late unit is reset to the first landed unit (meaning it refuels sooner too!) ... and the 2 groups combine and launch as a single attack on the next go. This defeats the purpose of multiple bombing runs on the same target … unless you sit and monitor it the whole time.
    • Thanks for the report, I will check but I think that plane combining is already on the list.

VorlonFCW

• I noticed yesterday that an air wing I had patrolling over a destroyer and an artillery did no damage for about an hour. The planes took no damage either. The wing consisted of 1 intercepter, 2 tactical bombers, and 1 naval bomber. I adjusted the patrol circle and waited, they did damage 15 minutes later as expected.

I wasn't going to say anything but since I read this post and the game servers are down I figured I would mention it.

Maybe it had something to do with the patrol circles? I've also noticed recently that the patrol circle drawn before you reach your target is bigger than the actual patrol circle when you arrive. IE, i set a circle to scout 2 province centers, both at the extreme edge of the circle but both clearly and fully inside it. When the scouts arrived they could see neither province center, the centers were now outside the patrol circle and view range.
    • Cuursed1 wrote:

I noticed yesterday that an air wing I had patrolling over a destroyer and an artillery did no damage for about an hour. The planes took no damage either. The wing consisted of 1 intercepter, 2 tactical bombers, and 1 naval bomber. I adjusted the patrol circle and waited, they did damage 15 minutes later as expected.

I wasn't going to say anything but since I read this post and the game servers are down I figured I would mention it.

Maybe it had something to do with the patrol circles? I've also noticed recently that the patrol circle drawn before you reach your target is bigger than the actual patrol circle when you arrive. IE, i set a circle to scout 2 province centers, both at the extreme edge of the circle but both clearly and fully inside it. When the scouts arrived they could see neither province center, the centers were now outside the patrol circle and view range.
      That might be because of the X factor. X factor means that the troop doesn’t do the same damage every time. The damage is randomly generated somewhere around the normal damage. Anyway, if you find that your X factor is bad, just make your troop attack again, which will change the X factor so it might be good.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • Hi guys,

Sooooo, after all my frustration with the game lag... it turns out it was my BROWSER ... I knew it wasn't a connection issue, LOL ... I was using Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 / Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363

I bumped into another game of yours (Conflict of Nations) which suggested my browser sucked (HAHA) and recommended Chrome. Tonight I decided to download and install Chrome. Both games run smooth as silk ... barring the non-connection related bugs, of course.

So I really prefer to only keep 1 browser on my PC. Any way you might put it on your list to get some more detailed testing using Edge? That's where at least some of my issues arose.

Thank You,
      Amanda

P.S. @Ryan04px2025 ... thank you for the compliment. I've been programming as a career for almost 30 years, so I kinda understand what the team is looking to see. I know how frustrating it is when users complain, but only give you 25% of the details needed to find the bug!!! HAHAHA