Convert a portion of historic world war rounds into the All countries:All in version rounds

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Convert a portion of historic world war rounds into the All countries:All in version rounds

VOTE: SHOULD WE CONVERT A PORTION OF HISTORIC WORLD WAR ROUNDS INTO EVENT VERSION? 38
        Yes, we should convert them some of them to event version. (26) 68%
        no, we should not convert them. (12) 32%
      CAN WE CONVERT A PORTION OF THE HISTORIC WORLD WAR ROUNDS INTO THE ALL COUNTRIES: ALL IN EVENT VERSION, I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE BETTER DO DO THIS, I MEAN, EVERYONE LOVES THAT EVENT!

VOTE: SHOULD WE CONVERT SOME HISTORIC WORLD WAR ROUNDS INTO EVENT VERSION?

The post was edited 5 times, last by BLITZ6666 ().

• May I suggest something else? Instead of removing a map just because YOU WANT another map then I am sorry, there is something known as competition in the market to keep the players. If you make this map too common then the fun is gone. The only map people will play is clash of nations and then stop playing the game not to say that role playing communities will be affected. So instead of that lets increase the number of these type of games the system spawns per week. Say something like 7 games a week and you are allowed to join only one game per week and reduce the number of clash of nations maps. This way the game mode keeps its fun of being rare while also making sure we DON'T LOSE PLAYERS because some players might like the Historic world war more.
    • blue44elephant wrote:

May I suggest something else? Instead of removing a map just because YOU WANT another map then I am sorry, there is something known as competition in the market to keep the players. If you make this map too common then the fun is gone. The only map people will play is clash of nations and then stop playing the game not to say that role playing communities will be affected. So instead of that lets increase the number of these type of games the system spawns per week. Say something like 7 games a week and you are allowed to join only one game per week and reduce the number of clash of nations maps. This way the game mode keeps its fun of being rare while also making sure we DON'T LOSE PLAYERS because some players might like the Historic world war more.
      I see your point, but maybe make it into a rotational event, like dominion Antarctica and pacific conquest?
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • Killer8282 wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

May I suggest something else? Instead of removing a map just because YOU WANT another map then I am sorry, there is something known as competition in the market to keep the players. If you make this map too common then the fun is gone. The only map people will play is clash of nations and then stop playing the game not to say that role playing communities will be affected. So instead of that lets increase the number of these type of games the system spawns per week. Say something like 7 games a week and you are allowed to join only one game per week and reduce the number of clash of nations maps. This way the game mode keeps its fun of being rare while also making sure we DON'T LOSE PLAYERS because some players might like the Historic world war more.
      I see your point, but maybe make it into a rotational event, like dominion Antarctica and pacific conquest?
      why an event lets keep it one game a week? To increase the amount of time players spend here.
    • Why not just make it permanent? The all in event is good for so many reasons. And I would like to play the historical because if you really aren’t in the mood of playing a 3 province country then it seems more fair to at least be a major power so don’t get rid of it either. My reasons for keeping both are:

1: it’s just historically accurate and let’s you feel like you’re really in the game. The way I see it there are 2 types of players. The noob who will either choose the Soviet Union /quit when he gets a small country which to be honest wouldn’t be all that different from an AI player. And the other player being most of us on this thread who will make informal alliances of 10 small nations who will band together to start attacks on countries like the Soviet Union to avoid them from building up and swallowing up the world. after 2 days of gameplay you get to see who the serious players are and start huge coalitions to combat this imbalance.

2: some of us are very nationalistic and proud of it. So we definitely wouldn’t mind playing and possibly losing as a small country bc we also hope to one day make these small countries the next major power. As far as I’m concerned, I’m too good to let my stats slip because of one game in which I took the risk of playing a small nation.

3: role playing becomes more serious bc playing a small country means you have to be very involved diplomatically and using the newspaper becomes very important. Shoot, even players become active in the trading market bc some nations don’t produce certain resources.

There are many other reasons but I can also see why people don’t like this mode. If anything . To make it slightly more fair maybe they should limit major powers coalition size to 3. And have small nations be able to join coalitions of up to 5.
      The Conqueror of Worlds
    • Sorry but I had to add this too. I love playing the the 1939 blitzkrieg version but I think it should be limited. The idea is amazing but in reality the game is boring. By day 2 it’s me vs the other 2 active players or you just join forces and get a free win. Maybe if we limit it more people will appreciate it. Something about a 10 player limit just doesn’t sit right.
      The Conqueror of Worlds

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jchicas the Great ().

• Jchicas the Great wrote:

Why not just make it permanent? The all in event is good for so many reasons. And I would like to play the historical because if you really aren’t in the mood of playing a 3 province country then it seems more fair to at least be a major power so don’t get rid of it either. My reasons for keeping both are:

1: it’s just historically accurate and let’s you feel like you’re really in the game. The way I see it there are 2 types of players. The noob who will either choose the Soviet Union /quit when he gets a small country which to be honest wouldn’t be all that different from an AI player. And the other player being most of us on this thread who will make informal alliances of 10 small nations who will band together to start attacks on countries like the Soviet Union to avoid them from building up and swallowing up the world. after 2 days of gameplay you get to see who the serious players are and start huge coalitions to combat this imbalance.

2: some of us are very nationalistic and proud of it. So we definitely wouldn’t mind playing and possibly losing as a small country bc we also hope to one day make these small countries the next major power. As far as I’m concerned, I’m too good to let my stats slip because of one game in which I took the risk of playing a small nation.

3: role playing becomes more serious bc playing a small country means you have to be very involved diplomatically and using the newspaper becomes very important. Shoot, even players become active in the trading market bc some nations don’t produce certain resources.

There are many other reasons but I can also see why people don’t like this mode. If anything . To make it slightly more fair maybe they should limit major powers coalition size to 3. And have small nations be able to join coalitions of up to 5.
      I really love playing small countries, in fact I’ve won as benelux countries, Lithuania, Denmark and finland already!
    • BLITZ6666 wrote:

Jchicas the Great wrote:

Why not just make it permanent? The all in event is good for so many reasons. And I would like to play the historical because if you really aren’t in the mood of playing a 3 province country then it seems more fair to at least be a major power so don’t get rid of it either. My reasons for keeping both are:

I really love playing small countries, in fact I’ve won as benelux countries, Lithuania, Denmark and finland already!
      Which Benelux country ?
    • Chimere wrote:

BLITZ6666 wrote:

Jchicas the Great wrote:

Which Benelux country ?
      all three of them in separate games, of course I only lived because I convinced Germany to let me live
    • BLITZ6666 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

BLITZ6666 wrote:

Jchicas the Great wrote:

Which Benelux country ?
      all three of them in separate games, of course I only lived because I convinced Germany to let me live
      I quite simply do not believe you.

You have won 11 matches in total out of 75, and you want me to believe that out of these 6 were with minor countries (so roughly 50% of your "all countries" matches ?). No you did not.

Germany letting you survive is one thing. Getting onboarded in a coalition another.

I COULD imagine Germany letting Luxemburg survive for the LoL, but Belgium and Netherland are too precious to let survive.