Artillery/Bomber Attack Stats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery/Bomber Attack Stats

New to the forum, but one question I've had that has plagued me for awhile that I cannot find an answer to is:

How does combat between stacks actively work?

Does it take the attack/defense value of all units (meaning if you have 8 infantry in a stack, it counts all 8 as individual) or only one of each unit in the stack? This is more a question specifically about how artillery and bombers work when attacking targets.

I've never really paid any attention to the combat going on on the map, so thanks in advance!
      Reject humanity, become panzer. :evil:
    • I saw and read over that when I was creating this thread, I have a general idea of how SBDE works, problem is, I'm not entirely sure if every attack is totaled up.

Say you have 5 level 6 artillery. It's attack against ships is 1.2. Would the entire stack be dealing 1.2 dmg per round, or 6.0? Maybe I worded the question earlier a bit weird.
      Reject humanity, become panzer. :evil:
    • Since SBDE is a thing, I assume efficiency would drop on the stack, instead of being individually applied to each unit.

My guess is 6.0. Although I also don't see why it would matter.

Maybe little to none of this makes sense. Sorry, I've been up for a long time on little sleep.
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jacques Thomas ().

• if you have 5 artillery in a stack it will ofc deal 5x1x2 dmg (ofc there is also the x-factor so the chance of ending up with way less dmg exists)
      If you have units with different range in a stack they will need to have the target in their respective range
      example: you have 3 railroadguns and 5 artillery in a stack, if you know attack something at 100 range only the dmg of the RRG will be applied since the enemy would only be in the range of the RRG not the artillery

talking about sbde: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/28610-quick-guide-sbde/
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Teburu wrote:

If you have units with different range in a stack they will need to have the target in their respective range
      example: you have 3 railroadguns and 5 artillery in a stack, if you know attack something at 100 range only the dmg of the RRG will be applied since the enemy would only be in the range of the RRG not the artillery
      And the same principle applies equally to naval units as well. The ranges of the naval gunfire of battleships (BBs), cruisers (CCs), and destroyers (DDs) are different, and the range of each unit type will also increase at certain levels of research for the unit type.

It is important to understand what those range rings surrounding your unit stack mean. When you hit the attack button for a mixed stack of BBs, CCs, and DDs. The stack is going to stop and start firing at the targeted enemy unit when the outer range ring touched the target -- but that will only include the BB units whose naval gunfire range is represented by that ring, not the additional firepower and attack values of the CCs and DDs in the combined stack.

Sometimes this is desirable, such as when your BBs are firing at CCs or DDs from a distance, and the CCs or DDs cannot even return fire because they are out of range of the attacking BBs. Other times, this is very undesirable such as when you are trying to sink a submarine unit -- BBs have minimal attack values vs. subs, but DDs are made to kill subs and have high attack values vs. subs, and you want to get the enemy sub within the DD gunfire range ring before attacking. Doing this right, and to maximum effect, often implies micro-managing your units instead of hitting the auto-pilot "attack" button and hoping for the best.

See below for an example of the naval gunfire ranges for a combined battle group of L6 BBs (70 km) and L4 DDs (30 km):

BTW, for any of you who missed the discussion in another thread whether DD naval gunfire can kill enemy aircraft and rocket units on the ground, this battle group was positioned to kill newly produced aircraft units -- note that the province center and airbase are within the 30-km DD range ring. Which, in this case, this happy group of sailors just destroyed a shiny, new L3 interceptor squadron immediately after its production was finished.